Summerwint

Oct 26, 2024
Parrots
African Grey (Summer)
Parrotlet (Skye, Buda)
Cockatiel (Snowwhite, Snowflake)
Linnies (Cici, Mint, Dragon, Dr. Pepper)
Jardine (Kiwi)
Budgie (Miss Sunshine)
Conure (Rexi, Dobby)
Ringneck (No name yet)
So.... I got a ringneck from a pet store about a month ago. The store was going out of business... He was the only bird that was available other than budgies(originally I was planning to get senegal parrot but he was sold already). I was told that IRN is a he, less than a year old, handfed and in good health. When I was getting him, his tail feathers were a bit of mess and short but other than those, he looked fine.
I was told that he is White Head Grey Lacewing. Is he?
Also, I've raised many(African Grey, parrotlets, cockatiels, linnies, conures, budgies and lorries, but never an IRN. In fact, I've never had a parrot like this. It has been over a month yet he still screams and makes a ruckus whenever I try to give him food/change water everyday.
I literally stay next to his cage, talk to him, eat with him for hours every day but no improvement. One day, I was busy and didn't have time to spare, so I couldn't stay with him for a day. Then, when I tried to give him breakfast the next morning, he swooped down to the bottom of the cage and bit my finger, tearing my skin off. Like junk of it. Then, he started screaming, again...
Any advice or ideas on how to tame him?

Attachments

• 1000003164.jpg
    1000003164.jpg
    322.2 KB · Views: 4
Thank you for rescuing this needy darling.
Here are some threads that may help. Good luck.

Here's some reading on bonding for you.

Most Reactions

Back