Music you listen to

Changed again lol

My favourite genre is alternative.

I also like rock(any rock really), sometimes pop, lo-fi, rap, electronic music, indie, hip-hop, country etc

I listen to most genres
When I'm at work (Lowes) I must listen to the horrible loop of "music" that plays constantly in the background. It's a mix of eras but mostly pop. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to listen to the same stuff over and over again. There are some good songs but too often makes good songs bad. At home we listen to classic rock (because we are classics ourselves) and Jimmy Buffett Margaritaville station. But even that is starting to wear on me. Sometimes I just want quiet. My birds like the music we play (they like music in general), I think, but they've never said anything so I don't really know. I've found that most people develop their taste in music based on what they liked between 12 and 25. After 25 most people are still drawn to what they liked when they were young. I know this sounds like an old fart talking, but I think the young people today will say the same when THEY become middle aged and older. They won't like the music their teenagers listen to. It might be a natural phenomenon having something to do with socialization, hearing, and brain development. Or it might be just getting old.

Coming back swingin’!

I am less into indie music and am really into metal, finding my subgenres.

Black Metal: Darkthrone, Emperor, Immortal, Burzum, Beherit (LOVE these guys), Bahimiron, Ancient North, Harvest, Mephisto, Meatbird, and Funeral Fullmoon

Death Metal and Deathcore: Cannibal Corpse, Death, Gatecreeper, GorePig, InfantAnnihilator, Aborted, Dying Fetus, and Cattle Decapitation

Slam metal: PeelingFlesh

Yeaaaah, these band names are…. Interesting… to say the least. But their music is absolutely amazing! If you like death/deathcore/black metal, then take a looksie doo into some of these bands! Half of the black metal I listed is very underground as well, so if you want (for whatever reason), you could brag on that, lawl

Last edited:
I usually listen whatever a playlist gives. But I'd say that my "comfort" genres are pop and rock. For some reason I like songs with a chorus
Recently I listen to Czech songs pretty often (even right now), sometimes also in Slovak

I grew up in the late 70s, 80s, young adulthood in the 90s so I got to the evolution/birth of so many of the greats I just can't have one favorite song or artist. It really depends on the mood I am in.
In the car it has to have some bass, the only place where I can play it at a level that I want without the cops forcefully rehoming me...
Around the house it's normally something from 90s grundge

Honestly, for me I'm open to all genres.. it just depends on the mood, I'm obsessed with country, pop, and rock music but oh I hate rap, I could never honestly!

I listen to a little bit of everything, from SOundtracks to pop and classical to a bit of Blues and Electronica. Musicals are in there for sure (Gotta Love Phantom of the Opera!). SO much great stuff out there!

Ooooooh, this is a fun one! My background is a little different than most folks here, so my tastes are as well. Among other things, I'm a working saxophonist (go figure :) ) and jazz sort. Love the big guys, Coltrane, Sonny Rollins, Parker, Dizzy, Miles, some of the slightly newer guys like Wayne Shorter and such. Also love Michael Brecker- brilliant use of unparalleled technique and funky style, and he's recorded with pretty much everybody and can be found on something like 4-500 albums, even with guys like Frank Zappa. Oh, can't go without mentioning David Sanborn. Alto sax guy who's also recorded with everyone, sometimes with Brecker, but if you're looking for music to snuggle up to your honey with, check him out!

Okay, there's that, but I also enjoy more mainstream stuff, rock and roll... I do some vocals as well, or at least I try, so I listen to stuff that works for me vocally. Usually the higher range guys, maroon 5 but not so much their super poppy stuff, Gavin Degraw, Earlier Ed Sheeran, or Train type stuff. I'm open to new artists, and find stuff I like by setting a Pandora station by an artist I already like and seeing what comes up.

Never been much of a country fan. I appreciate the musical side and artistry of it, just not really my style. I love to tease friends who like it by telling them I can't listen to "my wife dun left me and the dog dun died" no more. Lol 🤣
Jazz is awesome. I remember seeing Dave Brubeck at the Detroit Jazz Festival back in the early 90's. He was amazing.

Coming back swingin’!

Black Metal: Darkthrone, Emperor, Immortal, Burzum, Beherit (LOVE these guys), Bahimiron, Ancient North, Harvest, Memphisto, Meatbird, and Funeral Fullmoon

Death Metal and Deathcore: Cannibal Corpse, Death, Gatecreeper, GorePig, InfantAnnihilator, Aborted, Dying Fetus, and Cattle Decapitation

Yeaaaah, these band names are…. Interesting… to say the least. But their music is absolutely amazing! If you like death/deathcore/black metal, then take a looksie doo into some of these bands! Half of the black metal I listed is very underground as well, so if you want (for whatever reason), you could brag on that, lawl
Nice to see a fellow metal head! 😅

They’re getting hard to find these days!

Really? I mean, I live with two of them xD but hallo, fellow metalhead✨

What’re your favorite bands? :3
Hmm, my absolute favorite would have to be Lorna Shore. Can’t get enough of them.

Others I love would be Slaughter to Prevail, Chelsea Grin, Whitechapel, Disembodied Tyrant, Shadow of Intent, Sleep Token, Avenged Sevenfold, Slipknot, Canrifex, Pantera, and Angelmaker.

Several more too 😅

I love classic rock, 60s up until about the 90s Grunge thing, when I got happily stagnant............. Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden.
Now, my ol' lady, GaleriaGila is one of the most eclectic listeners I can imagine, rap, rock, pop, blues, and she blasts her Mexican music mercilessly............. Tito and Tarantula are the mainstay. (sighhh)

Hmm, my absolute favorite would have to be Lorna Shore. Can’t get enough of them.

Others I love would be Slaughter to Prevail, Chelsea Grin, Whitechapel, Disembodied Tyrant, Shadow of Intent, Sleep Token, Avenged Sevenfold, Slipknot, Canrifex, Pantera, and Angelmaker.

Several more too 😅
Ooo, I’ve never heard of most of these, and I’ve never listened to any of them, tbh lol, not even slipknot! Whats ur favorite subgenre? 👀

Ooo, I’ve never heard of most of these, and I’ve never listened to any of them, tbh lol, not even slipknot! Whats ur favorite subgenre? 👀
Hmm, I’m not sure what my favorite sub-genre is 😅

Ooooooh, this is a fun one! My background is a little different than most folks here, so my tastes are as well. Among other things, I'm a working saxophonist (go figure :) ) and jazz sort. Love the big guys, Coltrane, Sonny Rollins, Parker, Dizzy, Miles, some of the slightly newer guys like Wayne Shorter and such. Also love Michael Brecker- brilliant use of unparalleled technique and funky style, and he's recorded with pretty much everybody and can be found on something like 4-500 albums, even with guys like Frank Zappa. Oh, can't go without mentioning David Sanborn. Alto sax guy who's also recorded with everyone, sometimes with Brecker, but if you're looking for music to snuggle up to your honey with, check him out!

Okay, there's that, but I also enjoy more mainstream stuff, rock and roll... I do some vocals as well, or at least I try, so I listen to stuff that works for me vocally. Usually the higher range guys, maroon 5 but not so much their super poppy stuff, Gavin Degraw, Earlier Ed Sheeran, or Train type stuff. I'm open to new artists, and find stuff I like by setting a Pandora station by an artist I already like and seeing what comes up.

Never been much of a country fan. I appreciate the musical side and artistry of it, just not really my style. I love to tease friends who like it by telling them I can't listen to "my wife dun left me and the dog dun died" no more. Lol 🤣
I think your the first man I know who knows good jazz like me, It's sad that all the "famous" stuff is elevator music. I really like Louis Armstrong's "What a wonderful world"

Coming back swingin’!

Black Metal: Darkthrone, Emperor, Immortal, Burzum, Beherit (LOVE these guys), Bahimiron, Ancient North, Harvest, Memphisto, Meatbird, and Funeral Fullmoon

if my dad saw me listen to this stuff he'd be like "Umm.., what are you listening to?"

I usually draw or study with music playing and I kind of got bored of listening to the same music every day. I usually listen to music such as EDM or instrumental or classics or sometimes movie Ost. So, what music do you listen to?
classical , and i am writing a medieval story rn so i listen to medieval music on youtube 😊

I feel like im overposting a tad, but i really like these(Most by CG5)
[CG5] Dancin, no more cake, vibrant eyes, lonely king, I got no time, DEATH,
[Element Animation] explaining things
[DAN BULL] Enderman rap, Boom boom boom boom boom boom....boom, I have a bone, LIES, Nether zombie minecraft pigman rap. (I like minecraft, I like raps, put them together and i LOVE EM.)

I like oldies, from jazz to soul music, not the music of today. Also like movie soundtracks

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back