Moving on without Safari....

I've just lost my "special princess" dog. I was thinking that I wouldn't get another, but she's already moved in......

All of my cats are getting on, now, they'll all be shuffling off this mortal coil in a few more years (hopefully). I knew my girl was going to go, but it's still sort of a shock when it happens. I think it's worse when you lose them "before their time" than when they've "had their full innings", although it's still hard any way and you miss them.

I completely agree. Losing before their time is always more tragic. Although my one pug, Minya, had lived until she was 15, but when she died I was literally inconsolable, I've never sobbed so hard as when I was burying her. I've never loved any dog more and some people too.

It's hard to move on sometimes. I lost my dog Nipper a year ago to liver cancer. It crushed me, he had been with me through my hardest times. Girl friends coffee and go, loved ones passed but I always had Nipper.

Moving forward I had another dog and a cat but I brought Mango home last summer. You can never replace a pet but you can always get another one that gives you love and joy.

Beth,

My heart breaks for your loss of Safari. It is very sad, but u must retreat to the joy and happiness that the rest of your flock wants to give to u. I know it is a difficult time, but they will make u smile and hopefully laugh.

Kacee

I am so sorry for what happened to Safari. I have been away for a week because of internet troubles and it was a shock to read about it when I returned tonight. I spent several minutes with his picture up on my screen and my Sidney perched on my finger in front. It is the only way that I can think of to honor a life that was gone too soon. My thoughts are with you.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back