MOMO CAG playing with a toy

incognito

Jul 3, 2012
Pakistan
Parrots
4 Pairs of CAG, Blue Fronted Amazon breeder, Vosmaeri Eclectus pair breeder, 20 Cockatiels & chicks, 3 breeder pair of INR, 2 Breeder Pair of Lorries, 2 Monk Parrot Pairs, 2 Rump Pairs, 50 love birds
yesterday we had a great time even we shared some quality time while door of the cage was open ...

next step will be to touch her..(when she gonna allows me)

Attachments

• IMG-20120814-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20120814-WA0001.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG-20120814-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20120814-WA0003.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG-20120814-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20120814-WA0005.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG-20120814-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20120814-WA0006.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 229
momo has only a soft spot for sunflower seeds, for them she can do anything. even today she was willing to come out of the cage. i wonder how em gonna make her go back in cage once out.

current status of her is:-

she is taking food from hand.
she is on a transition from seed mix (sun flower in particular)to pellets
she dont allow anyone to touch her
she wont come out of the cage
she is not wing clipped
she was wild caught (that i learned when i bought her and later decided not give her back as seller was a weird guy)

any help appreciated

you are making progress.
Just put a couple of seeds in her bowl and she will go back in her cage...
in time she will come around...

first thing in the morning in my do list

My CAG runs like the wind to get back into her cage for fresh pellets/seed!

how did u find out she was caught in the wild

i had little or no knowledge of CAG before i bought her. i went to a pet shop where they were in numbers. i bought two of them was very happy and they were screaming. i asked him why is that so, he replied that due to sudden change in there cage. i brought them home, all the way home they were screeching and then for next couple of weeks i called him and asked him what should i do. he said its my fault.... then i called another guy he was breeder, he started taking interview of me about how i am taking care of them. moment i mentioned the name of bird shop he said they are wild caught as that person only deal with wild caught birds.

i confirmed that alligation from another source and it was true. i decided to take care of CAG.

Sounds like Momo has a wonderful home and "flock." With the availability of domestically bred birds, it's a wonder why anyone would go after the wild birds. Maybe I don't get it, but I can see a breeder introducing wild stock into the genetic pool from time to time. Besides, I thought African Greys can no longer be imported.

Most Reactions

Back