Molting Or Mites?!

BobbyBird

Feb 9, 2024
Parrots
Bobby
Recently my parrotlet has started losing ALOT of feathers. I read that they molt in the fall time, but im not so sure... It's accompanied by lots of scratching, especially on his head and neck. Is it possible that he has mites? if so how to treat them at home, preferably without buying any sprays.

Recently my parrotlet has started losing ALOT of feathers. I read that they molt in the fall time, but im not so sure... It's accompanied by lots of scratching, especially on his head and neck. Is it possible that he has mites? if so how to treat them at home, preferably without buying any sprays.
It sounds like molting to me, could you post a picture of your bird?
When they molt, they are particularly itchy!

I agreed what Bobby bird said. When they r molting. My bird went nuts ( couldn’t sit still or flying from place to place in my house for one nite. Constantly preening and next day I saw new feather coming in. Next day or two , Check the area where the bird is molting and see if any new feather coming in.

And when you form a great bond with your Bobby you can preen each other.

You can break the keratan sheaths of the feathers and bobby will remove your facial blemishes.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back