Max's homecoming

Despite a horrible storm with hail and all, Max is doing great! After a day full of new things, Max is a bit tired. Although Max isn't sure what to think yet, Max has allowed me, my boyfriend and his 10-year old daughter to scratch some feathers. My boyfriend's 8 1/2 year old son is the only one who hasn't tried to pet Max yet. While coming home, we had the radio on and Max's head was bobbing up and down and little body was swaying back and forth. :) Was having a fun time getting the boogie on :) Max is a little beaky--bit my pinky, not hard, but just testing me. We will be going to the vet in the next month--don't want to rush as I don't want every trip in the car to seem like Max is being re-homed, so I am trying to take Max to various places to show that car rides are FUN. Max has an injured foot, which I knew of, so I am going to get it looked at. But that injured foot doesn't slow Max down a bit :) Max is chirping away as I type, so I better go check in :) And I will have photos later :)

Last edited:
I thought today, I would post a few pics of my new friend :) According to the foster, Max isn't talking... well I am happy to say, that though it isn't clear, Max says "Pretty Bird!"

I cannot pet Max yet, but eventually, I know I will :) Also, Max is doing great with the pellet diet. The foster had switched the pellets, but Max wasn't eating much Roudybush. After two days, Max is doing a lot better with the pellets. :)

This is my favorite photo of Max... Playing Peek-a-boo! :)

Attachments

• Max 019.jpg
    Max 019.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 210
oh max will settle, and as you live as a family its important to get max familiar with every1, and if his like my nut, will treat every1 differently! but at the same time be happy with who ever

and most important you teach the children max's body language, reason i say this, is that the one that gets bit the most is my son, cos he ignores nuts body language, which leads to them squabbling all day, after she's bit him lol

Thanks for the advice, Sue :) Crystal and Jon do well. Matthew has no interest in Max, as he is scared of him (why I haven't a clue, Max is smaller than the quaker that their mother has, and Max is not as loud). Max does treat others different. I think Jon is the chosen person at the moment.

I was in the bedroom with Max and was telling Max "Pretty bird, Pretty pretty pretty pretty bird." And Jon walked in and Max piped, "Pretty bird!"

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back