Looking to adopt macaw or cockatoo

This is a great board, with many, many devoted, thoughtful pepple.

Hello, and welcome to the forum.
I'll probably be in line with many others with what I want to say.
But if there is someone who is tired of their bird or had enough of responsibilities, this person is most likely is not on this forum anymore or have never been. That person is trying to sell his/her bird on CL.
This forum has people who wouldn't sell their birds even if you give them tons of money, let alone would give their bird to someone they don't know.
I would seriously consider local Sanctuaries and Rescue Centers. They have many angels that need homes. The fee is usually much smaller than even a CL fee, but they want to make sure the bird is going to a very good home.
I got 2 Amazons, one from CL and one from the Rescue. I love them both.
Good luck in finding your bird!

Thanks for the feedback.

I am not close to any shelters. But I will definitely check some more out. Thank you.

I can see I'm not very welcomed here. Sorry for the confrontation. I was looking for places to get advice and expand my knowledge. Where I am from birds get given away a lot. Sorry if it came across as alarming. I have responsibility. I was just trying to keep my options open by what I've always seen in my town. People get large birds and frequently give them away just to be done with taking care of them. I didn't assume this was a place to ask but I seen a wanted forum and decided I'd chance it. I'm not sure how to cancel my account. So if someone could message me and let me know I'll take my obviously misleading post else where. Sorry for offending you in hopes I'd find another bird to give my attention and love to. I appreciate the feedback. I also have the birds best interest at heart as I'm sure you can see in my other forums. I volunteer for animal shelters and try my best to make sure pet stores and people are taking care of their animals especially birds. I can see how I came across as someone who doesn't. I apologize. Good day to everyone. Thanks for all the tips. :)

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back