Looking to adopt an African Grey

Finley

Apr 21, 2024
Parrots
African Grey
I recently lost my 30-year-old rescued grey. He lived with my other Congo grey, Finley, a female, for 26 years. I want to adopt a grey Timneh or Congo as a companion bird to Finley. Finley can't breed due to a surgery she had years ago, which required removing her oviduct. I used to rescue birds and am familiar with bird introduction. I live in NH and am willing to travel.

Last edited by a moderator:

FeatheredCdn

Apr 22, 2024
Parrots
CAG and Sun Conure
I recently lost my 30-year-old rescued grey. He lived with my other Congo grey, Finley, a female, for 26 years. I want to adopt a grey Timneh or Congo as a companion bird to Finley. Finley can't breed due to a surgery she had years ago, which required removing her oviduct. I used to rescue birds and am familiar with bird introduction. I live in NH and am willing to travel.
I don't live near you to recommend rescues but wanted to extend my condolences on the loss of your guy. How is Finley handling the loss of her companion?

Last edited:
OP
F

Finley

Apr 21, 2024
Parrots
African Grey
I don't live near you to recommend rescues but wanted to extend my condolences on the loss of your guy. How is Finley handling the loss of her companion?
Thanks for reaching out. Finley's getting used to a solitary life. She's decided I'm her new love and that's fine most days when I'm around, but I sure would like to find her a companion. She started eating better and she hangs out on my shoulder while I work. I think she's adjusting but she sure was confused and sad. She just lay in my arms on her back for long stretches. Now she's starting to talk again and play

Most Reactions