Kakariki housing advice wanted

perandlottie

Aug 8, 2024
Parrots
Persephone and Lolita
I have two female Kakariki birds who have unfortunately just lost their male friend. They are around a year and a half old and we got them due to our males female friend passing away. The male (Artie) preferred (Per) one of the females and they would both often leave the other female (Lottie) out. The birds do have a cage but have always been left free in our pet room. Since Artie's passing Lottie hides away from Per and screams at us if we go near her. Obviously this is a very unhealthy situation. I suggested to my mom that we should get another male but after further research this doesn't look like a good idea either. Does anyone have any suggestions of anything we can do to resolve this? We really don't want to rehome either bird. Thank you in advance.

I have two female Kakariki birds who have unfortunately just lost their male friend. They are around a year and a half old and we got them due to our males female friend passing away. The male (Artie) preferred (Per) one of the females and they would both often leave the other female (Lottie) out. The birds do have a cage but have always been left free in our pet room. Since Artie's passing Lottie hides away from Per and screams at us if we go near her. Obviously this is a very unhealthy situation. I suggested to my mom that we should get another male but after further research this doesn't look like a good idea either. Does anyone have any suggestions of anything we can do to resolve this? We really don't want to rehome either bird. Thank you in advance.
WOW! I have no knowledge about these special birds, but BLESS YOU for taking them on, and for letting us know abut your situation Please stick with us and keep us up to date.
Oh, and maybe the Search Engine here will help you find some readings.
Pictures, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?????????????

WOW! I have no knowledge about these special birds, but BLESS YOU for taking them on, and for letting us know abut your situation Please stick with us and keep us up to date.
Oh, and maybe the Search Engine here will help you find some readings.
Pictures, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?????????????
Thank you, they are such lovely birds and can talk. My male used to be able to say a few sentences but unfortunately my girls haven't picked any up yet. I've attached some pictures. Lottie is yellow and Per is green.

Attachments

• E40390B6-58F2-4451-A154-0FBD8FCCEAB4.jpeg
    E40390B6-58F2-4451-A154-0FBD8FCCEAB4.jpeg
    109.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 0088D92B-4B31-4293-8B9C-DA0E473B3CA5.jpeg
    0088D92B-4B31-4293-8B9C-DA0E473B3CA5.jpeg
    148.4 KB · Views: 6
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you. I'm glad you and the crew are with us!

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back