Just when I needed to smile..

StephenAndKyleigh

Jul 29, 2015
Dallas, TX
Parrots
Kyleigh, B&G Macaw -
Peanut, Yellow Collar Mini Macaw -
Aaliyah, Green Wing Macaw
Just when I needed to smile..(reuploaded pictures)

Today was a very tough day for me. I struggle with bipolar disorder and had been very depressed today and did not get any sleep at all. Then the breeder called me early this morning and asked if I wanted to help him with his parrots and see my baby...My day has been turned around ever since...I hope I get the pictures to work this time.

Last edited:
Finally got the pictures to work

Last edited:
I can see them now! How cute is that prickley lookin thang!

Wow! What a darling little grey! Thanks for sharing the photos and the smiles!

Animals are a *wonderful* help when we are not feeling our best. And while I'm not sure a baby is all there, as your bird gets older, he/she will sense your moods and respond. They are very sensitive to our feelings and when loved, they show love back, especially when they know we need it most. It's great the breeder is close enough you can visit and interact with him/her before you bring him/her home:)

Your baby is just beyond adorable. All naked and covered with prickly little first feathers coming in:D If I were you, I'd frame that first pic. Just too precious!

Thats just gorgeous. Parrots are certainly good for the soul. <3

Re: Just when I needed to smile..(reuploaded pictures)

Today was a very tough day for me. I struggle with bipolar disorder and had been very depressed today and did not get any sleep at all. Then the breeder called me early this morning and asked if I wanted to help him with his parrots and see my baby...My day has been turned around ever since...I hope I get the pictures to work this time.

Cute baby... Im sorry you are struggling today. I hope your depression lightens and your load get lighter. I am glad you got to spend time with that lil guy. So sweet.

Sounds like a baby visit was in order. I'm so glad you were able to do it. I've dealt with depression on and off throughout my life and it seems that somehow our feathered (and furry and scaly) friends have a way of helping to lift the curtain when I'm feeling the darkest. I hope your visit helped shine a little light inside.

Thank you everyone for your kind comments toward my disorder and feathered child. It certainly brings many up and down days, but I am excited to have this little guy to love on everyday.

That is soooo precious!! Thank you for sharing <3

I know how you feel, as I have severe anxiety. It's hard to cope at times.

What a sweetie pie! It's amazing how our parrots can bring the biggest smiles to our faces after having such rough days. Emotional creatures that they are, they seem to just *know*. My boyfriend suffers from severe depression and anxiety, and we find our feather babies (and our one scaly snake!) always brings out a smile when it's needed most.

I'm very excited for you and your family for being able to welcome such a sweetheart into your home.

I suffer from depression also & thank god for my uc opie, & my dog penny. They can make me smile when noone else can. I call opie my guard bird, he doesn't want any man around who has any intentions & its weird how he senses that

Animal therapy is the best! They don't judge and unconditionally love us!

That is soooo precious!! Thank you for sharing <3

I know how you feel, as I have severe anxiety. It's hard to cope at times.

Yes, yes, it is. I hate that you experience, but I am happy that I have others here that can personally relate.

I suffer from depression also & thank god for my uc opie, & my dog penny. They can make me smile when noone else can. I call opie my guard bird, he doesn't want any man around who has any intentions & its weird how he senses that

Opie the Guard Bird! I love it. My psych told me one day "Stephen, you don't suffer from depression..you struggle...and you fight with it. The day you suffer, is the day you lose."

Parrots are awesome. This week my Ekkie Venus slung food on me from the top of a cage. Can't stay mad at them and I smiled. My GCA Buddy blows kisses, sings and whistles. When I'm having a bad day they raise my spirits. Sounds like you have found a good breeder and a new friend.

I think your psych is very accurate.
That you were able to leave your home and go see your baby today despite being a bad day means you ARE fighting. And you are winning.

I've been tested for bipolar but mostly have fought my depression and anxiety. For about a year now I'm winning the battle 9 days out of 10.

My animals are the wall at my back that holds me up when the depression knocks my feet out from under me.

It does sound like your breeder may be a new friend for you even after you bring your baby home.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back