Jun 29, 2012
United States
Parrots
'Jack' (Blue & Gold),
'Maynard' (Military),
'Zaffer' (Hyacinth),
'Salsa' (Green-wing)
Hello,

I have 4 macaws. In order of acquisition, they are: a male Blue & Gold named 'Jack', a male Military named Maynard, a male Hyacinth named Zaffer, and a male Greenwing named Salsa. Jack and Maynard have been with me for 30+ years and I added Zaffer to my flock 7 years and 2 months ago. Salsa is the newest addition, arriving here just 2 weeks ago (June 14). He's 4 years old and full of energy!.

Salsa belonged to a dear friend of mine who devastatingly passed away on May 12. Her wish was that Salsa come live with me (and my 3 guys) if anything ever happened precluding her ability to care for him. Very sadly, that wish had to be fulfilled recently.

I'm typically not a very active forum contributor. I made a decision, though, to join a couple of new parrot forums this week. I may not always promptly reply in threads, but on those occasions I don't I'll certainly get to it eventually.

Welcome to the forum, pics please!

Welcome to the forum , this is a great place here : )
Would Love to see pics of your fids.

Welcome, I only have 1 greenwing I can't imagine 4 macaws! I bet they keep you busy!
Yes we love pictures,where are you from?

Welcome, I only have 1 greenwing I can't imagine 4 macaws! I bet they keep you busy!
Yes we love pictures,where are you from?
Yeah, I have my hands full much of the time - that's for sure! I love macaws but I had no plans to acquire any more of them. If not for my friend's passing I'd still only have 3 of them. I had always wanted a red macaw though ;)

I'll get to the pictures sometime soon. I need to make the time to snap some current ones. Once I do that I'll post them.

Welcome. I joined up to a couple of forums and I must say this is the most active. I tend to always have it open when I'm online, because by the time you have got through active posts there are new ones to read :)

Looking forward to see pics.

Welcome. I joined up to a couple of forums and I must say this is the most active. I tend to always have it open when I'm online, because by the time you have got through active posts there are new ones to read :)

Looking forward to see pics.
That's good to know. Thanks!

Thanks for all the welcomes, everyone :D

"I had always wanted a red macaw though "

Uh oh! LOL, Glad to see another macaw person. I actually did not want a macaw, I wanted a african grey. I now have 33" of orange, yellow, green, turquoise, royal blue, navy blue, black, a tinge of red and more, catalina macaw. I tell people she is my "african grey". Welcome

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums... WOW! what a flock you have... :)

"I had always wanted a red macaw though "

Uh oh! LOL, Glad to see another macaw person. I actually did not want a macaw, I wanted a african grey. I now have 33" of orange, yellow, green, turquoise, royal blue, navy blue, black, a tinge of red and more, catalina macaw. I tell people she is my "african grey". Welcome
Haha! I've been captivated by macaws since I was very young. I always hoped to have one. But not 4 :eek: I love each of them a lot though and will never part with them.

I've uploaded some fairly recent phone-cam snaps of each of my guys. The pic of Salsa is from the day I brought him back from the airport (June 14). The one with Zaf in the carrier was taken just before we were leaving for a vet checkup. I'll add more and better pictures of them in time.

Attachments

• salsa3.jpg
    salsa3.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 138
  • jack_swing.jpg
    jack_swing.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 109
  • Maynard.jpg
    Maynard.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 122
  • Zaf_ready.jpg
    Zaf_ready.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 159
  • just_Zaf.jpg
    just_Zaf.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 135
Here are a couple more of Salsa when he first arrived at the cargo terminal.

Attachments

• salsa1.jpg
    salsa1.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 119
  • salsa2.jpg
    salsa2.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 121
Here's some of Zaf that I just snapped this morning.

Attachments

• Zaf_gym1.jpg
    Zaf_gym1.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 108
  • Zaf_gym2.jpg
    Zaf_gym2.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 102
  • Zaf_gym3.jpg
    Zaf_gym3.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 108
And here are some of Salsa that I just snapped this morning as well.

Attachments

• Sals_gym1.jpg
    Sals_gym1.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 108
  • Sals_gym2.jpg
    Sals_gym2.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 109
  • Sals_cage1.jpg
    Sals_cage1.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 149
  • Sals_cage2.jpg
    Sals_cage2.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 122
  • Sals_cage3.jpg
    Sals_cage3.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 105
Welcome to the forum. We would love to see pictures of your flock...

Welcome to the forum. We would love to see pictures of your flock...
Thanks Cowtown. Can't you see the pictures I've attached to the previous messages in this thread? I can see them fine.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back