Joining with a Senegal

Kratze

Jun 30, 2024
Parrots
None
I am getting an elderly Senegal soon and have already found this board very helpful. I'm going to need some community help for my new/old girl, as she appears to be something of a troublemaker!
I've done years of research and video-watching on parrots, but haven't spent a ton of time physically interacting with them. I know a lot about how to feed them, and so on, but now I have to learn body language and how to act around them. That's going to be hard on me as I am used to living by myself.
Since she's elderly, the plan is to let her spend the rest of her life in a good environment with lots of out-of-cage time, toys and interaction. I'm also hoping to teach her some of the 3 Rs to help calm her busy mind down. She appears to be super smart. I won't meet her for another week at least, though, so we'll see!

Thanks for taking this bird on.
For decades, my wife and I knew a friend with a Senegal. the most enjoyable little parrot I ever knew. I tried to switch it with the wife's parrot but got caught every time.
Good to have you here.

You'll need to know, deep down inside you, really know, that parrots are unbelievably intelligent, keen observers of the most minute details and have just as much emotional range as most humans. THey are very adept at manipulating their environment (and the people around them) and they will cheat if allowed to.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back