Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
We had a little female budgie, but she got worse and worse at picking on Russell, my rescue budgie. The friend I got Steph from took her back, and we got a little male budgie to keep Russell company. Luckily he came form another friend who I trust, and she had taken her babies to the vet,so we didn't have to quarantine.

Here is my new baby!
terry57-albums-budgies-picture10710-malcolm.jpg

And here he is with Russell looking very interested from above:

terry57-albums-budgies-picture10709-malcolm-russell.jpg

WHAT a gorgeous budgie, Terry!!! BOTH Malcolm & Russell are SO very pretty!!! :D The colors....WOW!!!!! And I LOVE how you set them up!!!

Those are some lucky birdies!!! :D

Thanks Ant & Wendy:)
I kinda went overboard on the toys, I think..lol.

What a handsome pair.

now that's a nice little yellow faced budgie you have there- did you know they are more uncommon that the white face?

glad to see that they are getting use to one another.

I still have my one pair I kept after downsizing, they are so pretty.

you can never have enough toys for budgies-never.....are those bells I see??? tisk tisk tisk

would you kindly remove them, so I don't have to worry?,lol

in all seriousness Terry, or at the very least remove the clapper, they won't care one way or another, and I won't get any more gray hairs- deal?

now that's a nice little yellow faced budgie you have there- did you know they are more uncommon that the white face?

glad to see that they are getting use to one another.

I still have my one pair I kept after downsizing, they are so pretty.

you can never have enough toys for budgies-never.....are those bells I see??? tisk tisk tisk

would you kindly remove them, so I don't have to worry?,lol

in all seriousness Terry, or at the very least remove the clapper, they won't care one way or another, and I won't get any more gray hairs- deal?

I did not know that the yellow faced are more uncommon:)
Oh my gosh, thank you for the reminder about the bells! We had removed them from all the toys right when that happened to you, but this is a new toy and I forgot to do it! Thank you thank you thank you!
Whew, you saved me more gray hairs!:eek:

Awe! What a cute a couple! I wonder how much your new hens colors will change as she matures!

Malcolm (hen) is a par-blue budgie. This only means that she has partial reduction of the yellow pigments, so instead of being a full blue bird, she's partially blue. Budgies have three known par-blue mutations, and those are yellowface type I, yellowface type II and goldenface.

Yellowface type I are blue birds with a yellow face mask.
Yellowface type II are blue birds with a yellow face mask, and yellow that "bleeds" into the rest of the body feathers. It can turn a blue bird green, for example. Many end up looking like a seagreen color, or seafoam green.
Goldenface budgies on the other hand have a very deep yellow coloration. They can sometimes be hard to differentiate from Yellowface type 2 budgies.

TBH though, I think they are both gorgeous! :D

Such a cute little guy Terry!:) Malcolm looks like a goldenface type 2. My Twigs is a GF type 2 recessive pied. Budgies are adorable little things!

Oh my, Malcom is too cute! Russel looks just like my little boy, Jack :)

I agree with Beth - glad she reminded you about those bells. I saw a great idea on FB the other day. The poster had removed the clapper and replaced it with a bead that fits inside the cavity of the bell. So her fids can still make noise but won't get into trouble with the clapper.

What a great idea about replacing the clappers with beads! Looks like Reg has some work to do tonight when he gets home:)
Those 2 are getting along so well, preening each other and cuddling together:)

Most Reactions

Back