Introducing Kiwi & Zeus

Kiwi&Zeus

Jun 10, 2024
Media
India
Parrots
Kiwi is 8 to 9 years old female and Zeus is 19 to 20 months old male.
I have a pair with female 8+ and male almost 2 years. I am not sure if the pair are bonding enough to start mating. Is it possible that there is too much space in the aviary? If yes then any suggestions how can I improve the situation and make them a successful breeding pair!! ( someone suggested to me to add a pair of love birds) the aviary is 4 feet wide, 12 feet long and 9 feet height.

Attachments

• IMG_9682.gif
    IMG_9682.gif
    3.7 MB · Views: 1
Kiwi is 8 to 9 yo, and she been with us for over 7 years, Zeus is is 2 year old and been with us for 16 months.

They are a happy and chilled pair. I am trying to make them a mating pair and need tips to make sure they have healthy chicks.

Attachments

• IMG_8588.jpeg
    IMG_8588.jpeg
    471.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 1000018238.jpeg
    1000018238.jpeg
    138.3 KB · Views: 1
Welcome to you and your buddies!
I know we have experienced breeders on board.
I have always viewed that as intimidating and demanding; I'm glad you're seeking advice before diving in!

I have a pair with female 8+ and male almost 2 years. I am not sure if the pair are bonding enough to start mating. Is it possible that there is too much space in the aviary? If yes then any suggestions how can I improve the situation and make them a successful breeding pair!! ( someone suggested to me to add a pair of love birds) the aviary is 4 feet wide, 12 feet long and 9 feet height.

I wouldn't go adding lovebirds to the mix. From everything I read they can get pretty territorial and aggressive don't mix so well with others and may well pose a danger to your chicks. Hopefully someone else will be able to help you with the rest of your query :)

hello friends,

Finally after trying for months. My pair of conure are giving positive signals that they are ready for mating. My male may have come off age. The biggest signal for me is that the female has started entering the next box and the male has become more caring and loving towards her. They are both playing with stuff I left for them in the next box as if adjusting and preparing things. It is a peculiar o new behaviour I am seeing for first time.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that it can be soon that my babies lay eggs. I will keep my patience and hope they don’t test it beyond a month or two.

Most Reactions

Back