I may or may not have

Here's a shot of the whole (inside) flock on the playstand (under strict supervision) I expect the whole flock to get along, so we are integrating Rio now...... And he climbed all the way up there all himself :) What a big boy! How many can you find?

amjokai-albums-blue-gold-macaw-picture14382-15579-975497602469269-2566932828643255269-n.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmmm....7? Your flock is beautiful! Congrats on Rio!

Thought it was past time for some updated pictures of Rio!!!!!!

amjokai-albums-blue-gold-macaw-picture14494-1486625-981585888527107-1366281515131323740-n.jpg

He has grown so much and flys now... He started flying a few days after he got here, but now he can maneuver around and land on perches! (he crashed a few times and scared me but he needs to fledge so I just let him brush himself off! He hasn't crashed in weeks... He can even turn around in mid air..... He is 14 weeks old tomorrow! (monday)

amjokai-albums-rio-blue-gold-macaw-picture14545-img-0210-1.jpg

Here is Drogo, Rio and myself-
amjokai-albums-rio-blue-gold-macaw-picture14546-img-0219-1.jpg

And a fantastic picture of Rio (in the harness and flight suit) with his brother Rascal and Their breeder 3 weeks after they went home..... He keeps in touch and comes to visit but this was at the Hawaiian Feathered Friends Network club booth at 2015 Honolulu Pet Expo :) I couldn't have asked for a better start to Rio's life between this breeder and his friend the lady who raised him (till I got him)
amjokai-albums-rio-blue-gold-macaw-picture14547-997071-982771635075199-5388513220092919409-n.jpg

And here is just one of his beautiful face
<
amjokai-albums-rio-blue-gold-macaw-picture14548-10830963-983578128327883-4365351906390119566-o.jpg

Last edited:
What absolutely MARVELOUS photos! Every single one of them!!! Rio is just stunning! :smile015: And so is Drogo, of course. :D

Holy smokes Rio is one skilled flier already. :eek:

Thanks so much for the update. I'm sitting here with THE biggest grin on my face now. :D

I need to update the photos of all the birds lol! I got a new camera (cannon t6s-) I'm still trying to figure it out! Hahahhaha! While I'm figuring it out I'm sure I will end up with 50,000 photos of the birds! Lol! I took a few of the kids too! Bahaha.

Rio was the breeder's first blue and gold mAcaw baby. The oldest one of the first clutch! So there's a special connection. He begs me to sell him back every time he sees rio. He's crazy! Lol! I don't think he realized how much he would miss them! He says he is very happy with the homes that Rio and Rascal got (rascal went to one of my good friends- great home too!) but he is really sad that he didn't get to chose the homes the other two went to because he sold them to the petstore. Both already sold.

OH! And the yesterday was the first time rio ever flew to me and landed on me!!!!! :) im one proud mama!

Yeah! The kids don't stay still or cooperate as well as the birds do. They want to play and run and stuff. RUDE! Hahaha

He looks incredibly snuggly, too. Is he? :D And does he get along with Drogo?

You know, my Niko is still pretty clumsy when it comes to flying because his breeder hacked off the flight feathers MUCH too soon, even though I had begged her to NOT clip him. He's 5 years old now, and has once again lost all flight feathers on his left wing due to accidents (crashing into things as the flights were growing in). Sometimes I wanna wrap him in bubble wrap when I see they're growing in, to prevent any more crashes/accidents. :32:

Wow impressive being a skilled flier already! Rio is absolutely gorgeous, and sounds like a great bird :) but of course the mommy has something to do with that ;)! Great job Ariel!

He looks incredibly snuggly, too. Is he? :D And does he get along with Drogo?

You know, my Niko is still pretty clumsy when it comes to flying because his breeder hacked off the flight feathers MUCH too soon, even though I had begged her to NOT clip him. He's 5 years old now, and has once again lost all flight feathers on his left wing due to accidents (crashing into things as the flights were growing in). Sometimes I wanna wrap him in bubble wrap when I see they're growing in, to prevent any more crashes/accidents. :32:

Aww poor guy! Sometimes when I'm trying to feed rio And he keeps flying AwAy I threaten to cut his wings! But it's empty threats! Lol!

He is cuddly sometimes but he is too curious. He wants to fly and destroy things then come for cuddles and scratches and nibble bites then fly away! Hahahha. He loves the shoulder but wants to be on my head too. He's so heavy it gives me a headache so I always take him down. Lol. He likes putting his head on my chest and having me rub his feathers upwards! He is so cute and so spunky. He is the more willful one of the whole clutch.

Rio and drogo get along enough. They're both flighted so they just fly away when one of them is getting too roudy. Mostly drogo flys away cause he knows rio is bigger. Lol

What a happy ending for a beautiful baby. I'm thrilled for u both.

Congrats!!!

Congratulations! She is so beautiful, good luck!

Thanks for sharing your amazing and touching story! The pics are literally breathtaking! Rio is beautiful!

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back