I did it!

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fargo- Blue and Gold Macaw
Our grades for uni were released!!! I stayed up until midnight but they didn't come out.. Apparently they were online at 1am...

I woke at 7.. annnnddddddd

I passed all my courses!!!! :D

I had to do a human anatomy exam, and a chemistry exam...

I was so worried, you had to get 40% to pass the exam.. If not, you failed the whole course..

Problem is, if you failed chem, you couldn't resit, and you couldn't continue this term, so i would be 6 months held back!

Well... I did it!!!!! :D

We don't have our actual marks back for our exams yet..

But i got:

HD for paramedic practice- 90-100%
D for human anatomy- 75-90%
D for health science- 75-90%

annnddd, a C for chemistry... So a credit.. Which is above just a P (pass)... I think its like 60-75% ?

The saying is P's get the degrees... And i got better than P's for all of them! :p

I am over the moon!!!!!!! Those 2 exams made me exhausted, so i am glad all the studying paid off!

I bet i just scraped through with the chem exam.. Thank god i do not have to study it again!! :p

Just thought i would share my news!!! :D

I am now 1/6 a paramedic hahahaha ;)

CONGRATULATIONS TAB!!!! Thanks for sharing your success! So proud of you, but not really surprised at all that your study and hard work is paying off. :)

WOOOOOO HOOOOO!!! Congrats Tab!!!!!! How awesome is that?!

Just curious, what are the other grades you could get? In the US ours is
A 90-100%
B 80-89%
C 70-79%
D 60-69%
F 59% and below

Not sure if the oz grade scale works the same...???

(Btw- I read HD as "high definition" LOL [emoji23][emoji23] ohhh boy, my brain is tired lol)

Anywho- good job!! I bet you're excited you won't have to take those tests again!!!!

Hahaha :D

Did i ever show you guys my wall during the last week before exams? :eek:

I walked around for days singing songs about muscle contraction and nerve impulse.. and cranial nerves! :p I even wrote all the difficult muscles on my actual body hahahaha

Shirre, we get HD, D, C, P, and then SE which means fail!

If you get below 50% i am fairly sure thats a fail!

The exams you just had to get more than 40% to pass.. But the overall grade has to be above 50! :)

One of my close friends failed his exams :eek: and i know of 2 others just on my facebook who have failed! :(

My other friend is a genius, she got HD's for every course hahaha :p

Last edited:
I walked around for days singing songs about muscle contraction and nerve impulse.. and cranial nerves! :p I even wrote all the difficult muscles on my actual body hahahaha

Congrats Tab, You worked so hard, you deserve a WIN!!

I am getting up off the floor from laughing myself to tears
"I even wrote all the difficult muscles on my actual body"
Isn't that considered a "cheat sheet" LOL!!

I would PAY for a video of you singing the "muscle contraction and nerve impulse" song!!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jpvuqj5nv6U"]The Skeleton Dance | Super Simple Songs - YouTube[/ame]

Congratulations Tab! Although I never had any doubts:)

LOL!!! I'd actually like to hear those songs!! [emoji6]:p look at all those pages on your wall!!! I'm surprised Mr Fargo didn't rip them down and have a confetti party HAHHAA

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!! Joe!!!!!!

Yes! Because in my exam we had to just say 'foot, leg, arm' ;) hahahaha :D

Nooo, i wrote the muscles and bones on me during the week, for the exam i was clean i promise!! ;)

Way to go, Tab!!!! I'm SO incredibly proud of you. You were SO looking forward to becoming a paramedic, and now you are well on your way. :D

You will be a fabulous one, too, I just know that. :)

Your dedication and hard work paid off!

XOXO :smile015:

I sung the muscle contraction, to the song of taylor swifts i knew you were trouble..

Before you laugh.. IT WORKED!! :p

I can't remember it all now though.. I remember one question in the exam was fill in the blanks.. and as soon as i saw it, i started singing-
Trooppoossinn.. anndd tropomyosinnnn! ;)

and the cranial nerves i learnt to the mumbo number 5 song..

Number one is the olfactory..
You can't use this when your nose is runny ;)

Number 2 is called the optic
This helps with your sight, that's just logic :p

Number three is the oculmotor,
which moves the eyeballs and eyelids all over
As well as adjusting, your lenses and your pupils..
Heres anotherrrr about your eyeballs!

Number 4 is your trochlear,
thats just another motorrrr ;)

Ect, ect, ect :54:

Sounds silly, but thats how i remembered them all :eek:

Thank you Wendy!!! :D A year ago i wasn't even sure if i could get into uni to study it! :D Can't believe how it has all turned out

LOLOLOL!!!! I think those are some hit songs right there!! [emoji6]

We all knew you'd do great- just like you do in all your endeavors [emoji4]

I sung the muscle contraction, to the song of taylor swifts i knew you were trouble..

Before you laugh.. IT WORKED!! :p

I can't remember it all now though.. I remember one question in the exam was fill in the blanks.. and as soon as i saw it, i started singing-
Trooppoossinn.. anndd tropomyosinnnn! ;)

and the cranial nerves i learnt to the mumbo number 5 song..

Number one is the olfactory..
You can't use this when your nose is runny ;)

Number 2 is called the optic
This helps with your sight, that's just logic :p

Number three is the oculmotor,
which moves the eyeballs and eyelids all over
As well as adjusting, your lenses and your pupils..
Heres anotherrrr about your eyeballs!

Number 4 is your trochlear,
thats just another motorrrr ;)

Ect, ect, ect :54:

Sounds silly, but thats how i remembered them all :eek:

Thank you Wendy!!! :D A year ago i wasn't even sure if i could get into uni to study it! :D Can't believe how it has all turned out

Awww, PLEASE make a video of that !!! (you could be off camera so we just get the sound)
So HAPPY For you, No one deserves it more than you Tab
emoticon-object-086.gif

What's the big deal ??? Some of us never had a doubt. Go git em girl!! Congrats tab.

Hehe thank you Richard! :) :rolleyes:

And Joe, i am not sure you would want to hear it... My singing is, well, not for everyone :22:hahahaha

My brother says i sound like someone dying :09: :20:

Joe, i am not sure you would want to hear it... My singing is, well, not for everyone :22:hahahaha
My brother says i sound like someone dying :09: :20:

Well, brothers can be TOUGH.... You just need some headphones for "monitoring" your voice, a bit of reverb, and that's it

I feel like you can Do ANYTHING you set your mind to :)

:eek:

There were 5 of us who sat the exams together, and we all had hot chocolate after the exams and they were all confident..

Just spoke to them all...

I was the only one who passed :eek: They have all failed..

I didn't realise it was THAT hard.. I was concerned, but i thought i would scrape through..

SOOO many people have failed.. :( Chemistry is a tough one... It really requires alot of studying to remember everything!

Dad said in february, if i passed everything, he would get me whatever i wanted for dinner..

So tonight.. WE FEAST!! :p

I chose KFC- 3 burgers, 2 large potato and gravy, and 3 large popcorn chickens.. ;) HAHAHA

That's awesome! See? When you really have your mind set on something you could do it!!! :D I know you take your studies seriously. Not everyone does. I know you'll keep up the good work. ;)

Hehe thanks Julie!!! :D

Don't wanna be this person, but my mumma still hasn't said she is proud or congratulations :rolleyes:

As she has always said- Anyone can get into uni...

and as she said this afternoon- With the amount you study, you are expected to pass :20:

Dad has said he is proud though, so that is 1/2 :p hahaha

I am the ONLY person on either side of the family that has studied a medical degree, so it would have been nice for a little pat on the back from mum considering how many other students have failed.. She said why did i need her support, am i just like a kid who only wants the gold stars? haha.. Hmmm :31:

Well i am proud of myself, considering a year ago i had no idea what i wanted to do in life, and now i am officially on my way to my dream job! :D

I am just looking forward to becoming a paramedic..

I drove passed the ambulance station today... Just longing to be there working!

Australia actually has a shortage of paramedics at the moment, third year students are getting full time work!

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back