I decided I want a bath.......now!!!

EdgesofTwilight

Sep 2, 2014
Buffalo, NY
Parrots
Cosmo - Hahn's Macaw
After playing on his play stand for a couple hours, Cosmo jumped onto my hand to cuddle a little bit and get scratches. He has a lot of pin feathers that are just starting to open up on the back of his neck. I put him back on the playstand to get some food and water and after he ate a little bit, he decided to walk up to his water dish and decided to give himself a bath. :) I gave him a bath twice now by putting water on a small plastic storage container and he seemed to be OK with it, but never would get his head or neck wet so I just poured some water from my hands onto his head. Now I guess he likes it and flung water from his dish all over the living room. On the drapes, TV, everywhere. Lol My phone's camera sucks with it being backlit from the evening sun, but here's some pics.

IMG_20150428_163838.jpg

IMG_20150428_163628.jpg

I love the first picture [ so cute].

Love it! He looks thrilled that he has soaked your living room for you:D

HAHAHAH! Way to go, Cosmo!!! Adorable pictures! You are having SO much fun with your guy, aren't you? :D

Cosmo's got a little punk rock hairdo going on there. He is a really cute little bird.

Hahahaha, Cosmo has taken charge of his own baths. He likes to dress for success! Love the second photo, the little guy looks quite pleased with himself.

That is so cuuute! Makes me feel bad that I don't have anything built yet for our little-big guy to play on. Have to figure out what the wife will let me get away with. ;)

How does he do with staying on the playstand? Will he stay there for hours at a time, or does he start getting curious about the rest of the room?

That is so cuuute! Makes me feel bad that I don't have anything built yet for our little-big guy to play on. Have to figure out what the wife will let me get away with. ;)

How does he do with staying on the playstand? Will he stay there for hours at a time, or does he start getting curious about the rest of the room?

He mostly stays on the playstand for hours. There was only 2 times where he glided to the floor. Then all he did was stare at me like "How did I get down here? I want to go back up!" :)

HAHAHAH! Way to go, Cosmo!!! Adorable pictures! You are having SO much fun with your guy, aren't you? :D
Can't you tell? :) Every day or 2 it's something new. His personality is coming out more and more each day.

And that will continue... when properly raised they're really goofy fun loving birds. Just wind them up and they go... (Mush macs come in all sizes.)

Well, that playstand really did turn out nice, and it's got a lot of stuff to entertain himself on. Why would he want to go when all his stuff is there?!

And that's the thing, if you want the bird to stay put on a playstand it's got to have something other than one tree branch or perch... it has to be an interesting place to be...

You've done everything right. And your reward for that is a goofy well behaved bird, that is becoming super bonded and interactive. This isn't rocket science! He's happy, he knows he's loved (and returns it), he eats well, and he doesn't spend all day locked away from the world in a cage. What more could a little bird ask for?!

Last edited:
Was the vacuum cleaner on or off?! :D

No, the vacuum wasn't on. :) It did happen around the same time when the late afternoon sunlight comes through the window. Probably felt warm enough to take one.

Today it was pretty warm in the apartment and he decided to dip his head into the water dish again. So I picked him up and walked him over to the kitchen sink and ran the water. He was a little wary of it at first and then went under it and got drenched. He seemed to enjoy it and when he dried, his feathers have a nice sheen to them. Next step is the shower as soon as I can replace the shower head that's on there now. Bought a new one, but having a difficult time removing the old one. Plus I have to figure out how to put a perch in it. The shower doesn't have normal tiles or plastic to mount a suction cup on it. It's the old plaster type.

Most Reactions

Back