Hi

waterbug

May 4, 2009
Hi, am new to forums period. Am excited to find a place to talk about parrots!! Can't do that enough!! I'm in British Columbia, Canada and have two lories - a Goldie's (Lily) and a Black Lory (B.D. - short for Black Devil). Only have one friend with a lory, so am hoping to meet other people (slaves) that lories have living with them - believe me, that is the case! Have had parrots for over 20 years, mostly cockatiels - 4 for 19 years. A Dusky Pionus I brought home with me from Saudi Arabia - who died last year of hepatitis - very much missed - a VERY special little girl. Now have Lily and BD - both special needs. Lily has a half formed upper beak, and BD has no toe nails and bits of toes missing. BUT, they don't have a clue they are special needs. These are the most interactive parrots I have ever come across - they are more like puppies or kittens - play, play, play. My major problem is with BD - I have literally drawers filled with toys, but they don't interest him for very long- they don't react...and that is what keeps him interested. That is why I am his favorite toy. Any suggestions on how to keep a lory busy for a while? Looking forward to hearing from other bird lovers.

Welcome to the site, hope the weather up in BC is getting better now!

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back