Help needed please!

FR27

Jun 14, 2024
Parrots
Not sure yet! Need to find out
Hi there I recently brought this bird from someone they told me it is a canary I'm just abit confused about the beak it's like a parrot after doing research could not find a canary with this type of beak maybe i looked in the wrong places! Shes only 1 year old or can someone confirm the age too

WHAT TYPE OF BIRD THIS IS?

AND

AGE?

PLEASE IF SOMEONE COULD THAT WOULD BE GREAT!

Attachments

• VID-20240605-WA0001~2.mp4
    1.9 MB
That's what I was thinking mate! Thanks for the reply dude. I will see if there is anyone else who thinks it's a love bird too?? Or anything other?

She also looks like a Lovebird to me, she is gorgeous!

A better view of her! I'm thinking she is a lovebird too?

Attachments

• 20240616_101741~6.mp4
    9.3 MB
I am not as experienced with parrots as most members. However it does appear to be an adorable lovebird. One of the ways you can tell is its beak. With canaries, the beak is "forward" facing while lovebirds (and a few other parrots) having a more "flat" beak. Again, I don't know much about parrot mutations. So don't count on this response. Wishing you the best.

Hi there I recently brought this bird from someone they told me it is a canary I'm just abit confused about the beak it's like a parrot after doing research could not find a canary with this type of beak maybe i looked in the wrong places! Shes only 1 year old or can someone confirm the age too

AND

AGE?

AND

AGE?

I would say you have a female Parrotlet., she looks too small and fine to be a lovebird to my eyes anyways. The sounds she makes would tell us. Age....not sure she looks younger for sure but not a baby. Lovebirds are larger than Parrotlets. She is not a canary. She is really pretty! I just watched again this time with sound on, her chirble sounds like a lovebird, but to me she looks more like a parrotlet.

Last edited:
1718723877467.png

these are lovebirds theyhave larger wider beaks larger boned.
1718724171292.png

this is a parrotlet, the beak is smaller and has a distinct jagged side
bite....they are smaller more the size of a canary.....also their nostrils are not covered up and look like pepper dots., and they do not have eye
rings.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Back