Healthy baby weight?

Chunky

Feb 25, 2015
Parrots
Chunky the pineapple GCC
Frankie CAG
I didn't think I had digital scales, but my husband found some buried deep in a cupboard. We have weighed the two babies. Munky is 54g and Chunky is 56g.

I have tried searching on Google for acceptable weight ranges for them at this age, but not having much luck. Does anyone here know if they are doing ok weight wise? It said that adults are between 60-80g so hopefully they are fine.

Sorry, I forgot to add they are 10 weeks old.

Hi. Did you ever find out the normal weight for babies and/or have your babies gained weight now that they are older? I have aGCC who's 9 weeks and 54-59g and wondering the same.

Hey, I'm not sure about specifics for green cheeks but definitely expect ~10% weight decrease when you start weaning. Don't worry it'll pick up within a week! But if it doesn't I'd go see a vet. They should be close to the adult weight by 10 weeks

Make sure they're eating enough food. While we were weaning our Sun-conure we let him free feed pretty much all day- he soon learned how to restrict himself. He went from 101g to 90g that week!

Hope that helps!

Thanks proudbirdmum,

We weighed Tiki again yesterday and s/he's 61g (was 58, then 59g). So it looks like he's gaining weight. He's 9 weeks old now.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back