Has anyone used birdtricks dot com?

Some previous threads...

http://www.parrotforums.com/off-topic/23376-birdtricks.html
http://www.parrotforums.com/training/24391-bird-tricks-training.html

I say no, simply because you can find the same great advice, if not better, from other trainers for a lot cheaper! Only thing you may not receive is that huge book on training and the long DVD's of them training their birds. Would like to know if they are still selling the flooding techniques or not.

I found he first part of the book was fairly useful (about 20 pages) though the info is freeley available elsewhere but after that it was a waste.

I have. I also have mixed thoughts.

I bought the tricks and tips,
One day miracles
Erm and some other bits that were on audio.

I gained access to their forum its useless, no one frequents it and the information is..well..not as good as here. Its people asking for help but no professional advice is around.

One day miracles is ok but repetitive, mostly the same thing for the 10 odd episodes, chopstick touch training, clicker, training diet.

The trick training is indepth but you have to have the training diet in place and a mostly clicker trained bird. Even tho they do the examples with untrained birds.

Other than that the baseline information is reasonably good, it does reinforce repetition and consistency, at the end of the day i guess thats all you an aim for.

Hope it helps

I personally don't agree with a lot of the ways and marketing. One day miracles is a joke no such thing as a one day miracle and it's false advertising IMO. They go off of birds that are ether babies or already used to clicker training.

I think you can train a bird just fine without there methods I mean look at tab and Fargo all the things she has taught that blue and gold without there half useful help. I personally have trained a lot of my birds without any advice from them nor do I plan to take it.

Sorry for being so negative but they keep getting worse and worse as someone just posted on here about them charging them extra on there invoice and how useless there items were plus people that come to our rescue have never been to positive about them.

I just follow my instinct.
There are many contradicting "methods" which I honestly do not agree with.
Read many tried them and had no success.

For instance:
When teaching a bird to talk, they mentioned you must sit in an unfamiliar room, where it is quiet etc, where the bird will not be distracted.

I tried it with Mishka, he would not concentrate at all, kept looking around and playing.
When training him I sit with Mishka on my lap in the lounge, with the TV on. Steven is often present, walking in and out.
I make the training session fun, to keep his attention, focusing only on him the entire time.

Try different ways, see what works for you and your bird and go ahead.
000203FC.gif

I am new to the forum but came across bird tricks in doing research. I liked their cooking for parrots book so I did buy the PDF file. I have made one of the seasonal chops, there are some really good recipes in the book. I did sign up for the free toys. I received my first monthly shipment for $19.00. That is the only charge that I see from my bank account. I have received no extra emails, and I did join their FB page. So far I have gotten what I signed up for.

I just follow my instinct.
There are many contradicting "methods" which I honestly do not agree with.
Read many tried them and had no success.

For instance:
When teaching a bird to talk, they mentioned you must sit in an unfamiliar room, where it is quiet etc, where the bird will not be distracted.

I tried it with Mishka, he would not concentrate at all, kept looking around and playing.
When training him I sit with Mishka on my lap in the lounge, with the TV on. Steven is often present, walking in and out.
I make the training session fun, to keep his attention, focusing only on him the entire time.

Try different ways, see what works for you and your bird and go ahead.
000203FC.gif

I read some years ago about a pet shop owner who swore by just letting the bird listen to the conversations between him and his daughter in the shop!
It's nice when they talk but I am not looking for a bird that can recite the Gettysburg address - having her talk is not even on my agenda. My grey once and only once said good morning. Totally out of the blue and as clear as a bell. It wasn't wishful thinking, he actually said it.:D:D

Helijohn that is really what I do, I have normal conversations out in my bird room and they pick up on words and so one from just that. Now I do use some repetition like with my blue throated I got him to say ahhhh when I grab his toe or something but other then that they learn but justs me talking like a normal person:).

I see a lot of haters for Birdtricks.com about. Their marketing is typical of American sales techniques, that can be a little annoying. However I have purchased a few of their training programs and they are very good. I have even spoken with them about my crazy Eleonora cockatoo and they helped me out. Jamie Leigh contacted me and at no point did she say, can I now take your credit card details. It's their business, though a little pushy for british taste, I think they're great.

http://www.libertywings.com/2009/information/birdtricksters-com/

Excerpt from Chris Biro:

We made the mistake of allowing Dave and Jamie Womach of birdtricks to join us here in Moab Utah to help them fly their young African Grey in April of 2008. We picked them up and dropped them off at the airport, let them stay in our home and all for free. While here Dave and Jamie told us this was their first venture into freeflying parrots.
18 months later they have expanded their business to include selling their “expert advice” on freefight training. For $5000 they will provide personal instruction on flying parrots, including personal training with the person’s bird here in Moab, at the very locations we took them.

Last edited:
http://www.libertywings.com/2009/information/birdtricksters-com/

Excerpt from Chris Biro:

We made the mistake of allowing Dave and Jamie Womach of birdtricks to join us here in Moab Utah to help them fly their young African Grey in April of 2008. We picked them up and dropped them off at the airport, let them stay in our home and all for free. While here Dave and Jamie told us this was their first venture into freeflying parrots.
18 months later they have expanded their business to include selling their “expert advice” on freefight training. For $5000 they will provide personal instruction on flying parrots, including personal training with the person’s bird here in Moab, at the very locations we took them.

Yet another fail brought to you by none other then the Womach bros... Such push overs those two if I ever met them I will have words with them lol!

If we want to [continue] post links about BT, well here's some others to check out...

This link shows just how cruel owners are in keeping pet birds clipped.

Thousands Inflict Animal Cruelty On Their Parrot

The common practice of clipping a pet parrots wings so it can't fly in its owner's house is also often considered animal cruelty and is considered a violation of their animal rights.

Now don't you want to rush out and purchase their video on training parrots to fly?

Training for free-flight takes the right kind of training and dedication that most bird owners just don't have... no offense meant, but it's the truth. Sid Price is even aware of this...

Comments on YouTube video « Bird Training Blog

Carly Lu was quite outraged about that little article that BT put on PR...

Morally Depraved | Carly Lu's Flight Blog

She has a link in that article... that links to some others...
Alerts | Carly Lu's Flight Blog

Sid Price has another article about marketing techniques that say that they'll help solve your parrot problems...
Beware the Silver Bullet « Bird Training Blog

This link proves that Chet Womach is a sales man, not a professional trainer (IMO)
Product Launch Formula Case Study

And Shanlungs opinion about them
shanlung: On birdtricks.com and bozos

Just because he's a saleman doesn't mean he's not passionate about what he does. I'm sure the Womach brothers love birds and love to help out people (as I've mentioned before), but again, they aren't professional trainers. They don't seem to me to have a deep understanding of parrot behavior like professional trainers have. I'm interested in seeing where they go with their videos and advice, but I'm not going to go out of my way to get their products or follow their blogs.

If we want to [continue] post links about BT, well here's some others to check out...

This link shows just how cruel owners are in keeping pet birds clipped.

Thousands Inflict Animal Cruelty On Their Parrot

The common practice of clipping a pet parrots wings so it can't fly in its owner's house is also often considered animal cruelty and is considered a violation of their animal rights.

Now don't you want to rush out and purchase their video on training parrots to fly?

Training for free-flight takes the right kind of training and dedication that most bird owners just don't have... no offense meant, but it's the truth. Sid Price is even aware of this...

Comments on YouTube video « Bird Training Blog

Carly Lu was quite outraged about that little article that BT put on PR...

Morally Depraved | Carly Lu's Flight Blog

She has a link in that article... that links to some others...
Alerts | Carly Lu's Flight Blog

Sid Price has another article about marketing techniques that say that they'll help solve your parrot problems...
Beware the Silver Bullet « Bird Training Blog

This link proves that Chet Womach is a sales man, not a professional trainer (IMO)
Product Launch Formula Case Study

And Shanlungs opinion about them
shanlung: On birdtricks.com and bozos

Just because he's a saleman doesn't mean he's not passionate about what he does. I'm sure the Womach brothers love birds and love to help out people (as I've mentioned before), but again, they aren't professional trainers. They don't seem to me to have a deep understanding of parrot behavior like professional trainers have. I'm interested in seeing where they go with their videos and advice, but I'm not going to go out of my way to get their products or follow their blogs.

I love how clipping birds is cruelty but someone without a house setup for free flighted birds and they let them flighted any way, they fly out the door and die isn't considered animal cruelty.... Obnoxious

And anyone that claims to be a professional is defiantly not, there is never any point were to stop learning about these birds. Each case is different to me at least and all birds have these different quirks, and I do not claim to be a professional, but yet people seek me to fix there problems I guess you could call me a professional then, but I choose not to as I find it to be a lie..

And as for free flight there is no dedication it is called stupidity to allow this to happen no matter the trust you have with yor bird you will never have enough for hm to just not fly off.

Last edited:
I havent given birdtricks any money but i read some of their stuff.
One thing i will say about training DVDs is that they are all pretty much exactly the same, no matter who makes it. There are only so many successful ways to train and if you buy 3 or more informative videos you will be paying for duplicate information. The only thing i get out of videos any more is if someone had an interesting idea for a trick in the first place that i simply didnt think of.

because you can make up any tricks and dis/encourage or create most behaviours yourself easy enough once you understand targeting and shaping behaviours.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back