Got your NOSE! (Cute Kiwi preening pics)

I wear glasses and Kiwi freaks out (straight into "killer" mode) when I take them off, so I kind of have a barrier to that kind of preening anyways. He will preen my hair and nibble my ears, which is what I feel comfortable with. He is starting to be more tolerant of hugs from me though and that is more special to me than facial preening. I just love touching him, he's so soft!

I generally remove my glasses before cuddling as some birds will try to toss them to the floor. Others don't care.

Does Kiwi smell like flowers? Gonzo my BFA is the sweetest scented bird, though the Goffins have a nice odor as well!!

I generally remove my glasses before cuddling as some birds will try to toss them to the floor. Others don't care.

Does Kiwi smell like flowers? Gonzo my BFA is the sweetest scented bird, though the Goffins have a nice odor as well!!

It's kind of perplexing to me how Kiwi reacts to me without glasses. He goes nuts. I can wear hats, bright color/patterned clothes, be carrying large things most parrots would freak over ext... and he could care less, no reaction at all. He also doesn't seem to care what kind of glasses I happen to be wearing (I have several pairs that are different shapes/color frames plus sunglasses, all are acceptable to him). Take off my glasses though and he does NOT like that (or me) one bit! It just weird. He doesn't ever bother my glasses. He's also learned not to bother my piercings.

Yes, he does have a nice smell to him, which he seems to make when happy, excited or content. I like sniffing him:54: I never dared get my face close enough to my dad's goffin to see if he smelled up close, but I never noticed any odor at all from him from a safe distance like you can amazons.

I wear glasses and Kiwi freaks out (straight into "killer" mode) when I take them off, so I kind of have a barrier to that kind of preening anyways. He will preen my hair and nibble my ears, which is what I feel comfortable with. He is starting to be more tolerant of hugs from me though and that is more special to me than facial preening. I just love touching him, he's so soft!

Scott..after Amy takes a shower,she smells sweet too lol

Jim

My Jakiepoo will preen me the same as your hubby. She does my eye brows, eye lashes, ever where. I've just started wearing glasses a few years ago, she'll snatch them off and throw them down, lol.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back