Goliath our Buffon Macaw finally home :)

Goliath is doing good! I only pick him up right now by hand when he is on the door of his cage other wise I step on a chair and use a rope perch to have him step up on 1st as he can be testy when he is on the play stand on the top of his quarantine cage.
He has taken food very gently from my hand. He is not really ready for toys yet he has a few and hasn't touched them yet.
We took him out to the living room to watch tv with us today as he has been screaming a lot >_< even when I am in the room with him. I know he wants something just not sure what it is yet... I get him off the cage to sit with me and he climbs down and back to his cage so hopefully we start communicating better soon.
We have had him for 6 days and I think it is going very well. I have him step up 2-3 times a day so he gets use to be handled. And he has had 2 baths since he came home.

Oh and his favorite treat is green apples and any types of grapes. I fed him grapes while we watched tv tonight

And his 1st shower was ON TOP of my HEAD b/c he got scared jumped to me and climbed up before I could stop him... lol so I just went with it and showered him while he was on top of my head :p

it sounds like hes adjusting well :). maybe he's screaming for his old owners? i love your shower story btw :p

Most Reactions

Back