Goldn'obles really that awesome?!

smartiecoco

Apr 1, 2015
Canada
Parrots
Lutino Cockatiel Evie (RIP)
Future Caique Parront
just wondering....I'm sure it's been previously discussed. I bought a sample for my caiques and they seem to love it and are preferring the goldn'obles over their Harrison's.

The ingredient list looks impressive but I guess my question is, nutritionally is it complete and balanced? Dried/processed fruits and veggies in my mind does not contain all the essential nutrients and this is why I feel like Harrison's are "safer" with the added nutrients.

Another thing is, from the ingredient list, it appears that there are added sweeteners (natural) and that's maybe why my fids prefer them. Having that as a regular diet rather than treats, wouldn't that be too much?

I've read a lot of good reviews on the pellets but just wondering if anybody has any hard solid facts on the nutritional content. To me ingredient list and nutrition are complete different.

Love to know what everybody else thinks about it!

I don't feed pellets as a regular part of my birds diet, but I do use the GoldenObles (the bigger, cheerio-shape ones) as edible beads in toys. They are the ONLY pellets I would personally allow my bird to eat any amount of, but I don't recommend a pellet based diet (just a few as treats or for foraging). I strongly recommend you transition your bird to a fresh foods diet, which is less convenient for sure, but much better for your birds. Pellets (any pellets) are basically vitamin fortified cereal. GO's are like organic, while grain vitamin fortified cereal. Better, but still not a compete diet;)

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back