Garlic or not

Talaya

Apr 26, 2022
Media
Parrots
Han Solo - SI Male Eclectus
I was just wondering what do people think about fresh garlic ?

I’ve read as it’s an allium; dont give it and then I read it has some benefits so it’s ok to give a tiny bit every now and then.

Garlic given occasionally and in small amounts can have great health benefits, especially for the immune system. In large amounts, it can cause Heinz- body anemia although studies indicate that even this is reversible if the feeding of garlic is stopped. Unfortunately, I have no idea what a “ safe” dose is for a bird! There are probably herbal experts who could give you some advice.

Garlic given occasionally and in small amounts can have great health benefits, especially for the immune system. In large amounts, it can cause Heinz- body anemia although studies indicate that even this is reversible if the feeding of garlic is stopped. Unfortunately, I have no idea what a “ safe” dose is for a bird! There are probably herbal experts who could give you some advice.
Thank you for your reply.
I did give him a teeny piece about the size of a third of a pea, and he quite happily took it and turned it around in his mouth but didn’t crush it. It still gave him garlic breath !
When I asked him to drop it for me , he did so I was quite happy with that.

I follow Jason cream he is a good biologist I think he says no to garlic and
Onions I think ginger is good

Most Reactions

Back