For Birdman666 and other mac lovers... :)

:eek: I know for a fact if I left both of mine unattended outside of their cages, yes, they would do that...and then some. :54:

I saw the picture the other day. I don't know if mine would chew through door, but the curtains and blinds would be on the menu.

This is the best picture !!! [ he he :) ] "Just thought we would see what your doing "

OMG!

Peek-e-boo!!!!

That is sooooo funny. Mostly cuz they aren't mine.

Found you! Pick me up...

I have five loose in my house 24/7! So no,mine wouldn't do that to me...

But I can totally see where this would be a we wanna be with you kind of thing.

Looking at it from another perspective, the cost of a door is about the same as 2 or 3 large bird toys...

Lol that's a crazy cute pic! Even though they destroyed a door, you can't do anything but laugh!:) sometimes I miss living with large parrots, but when I see pics like this I get over it. The only thing I have to fear from my little guys is them squeezing under the door if I lock them out of my room...and a pair of jeans stuffed under the door keeps them out.

That's hilarious! Parrots have absolute immunity when it comes to destruction. The sad thing is most of them are aware of those inalienable rights!

I've seen the, 'no jail can hold me,' of the cockatoo after he escaped the carrier. Bwahaha, the big guys laugh at incarceration.

Think how many tools (at least a couple of good ones) would a human need to make all this destruction. It would be horrible if humans had beaks, but they could save money on axes and hammers. :D

I wonder how long that took those 2 to do? I bet they have the kind of owner who saw the humor in the situation, seeing as they took a photo and posted in a joking way:)

This is why the second thing Kiwi learned after being taught to step up was "yours and mine" in reference to what he can and can't chew.

I wonder how long that took those 2 to do? I bet they have the kind of owner who saw the humor in the situation, seeing as they took a photo and posted in a joking way:)

This is why the second thing Kiwi learned after being taught to step up was "yours and mine" in reference to what he can and can't chew.

If they can hollow out a tree to make a nest in a matter of hours, they can do something like this to a hollow door in 15 minutes or less. That's just two sheets of thin plywood with a little wood framing...

I've seen my greenwing snap blocks of wood that are thicker than that framing... as in, one good chomp and it's over. All they do is use that beak as a crowbar where the plywood attaches to the frame. Crunch! Crack! Rip that off and get it out of the way... snap the frame. Stick our head through and gnaw through the other side... So now that I think about it, 15 minutes seems more like an outside figure... some birds could probably do it in two!

Large macaw "interior redecorating" projects generally don't take all that long. But they can be quite expenses...

One of the hidden costs of macaw ownership!

Let's see we got cage, food, vet care, toys, what else... ?!

Window sills. Wood Trim. Door Frames. Doors. Table legs. Fireplace Mantles. Kitchen cabinet doors. And the occasional trip to the ER... Hmmmm.... those are some expensive birds!

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Back