Foot biter

fixacr

Jul 14, 2014
I am having a problem that I have not seen addressed before. Our Green Cheek Conure is a wonderful pet and a great companion. Whenever Sweet Pea is on the floor and I am bare-footed, she sprints to my feet and bites. The strange part is that when my wife is bare-footed, the bird pays absolutely no attention to her feet whatsoever. Being borderline diabetic, my feet are extremely sensitive so even a moderate bite is very painful. Is there anything we can do?

That actually happens to a lot of parrot parents. Hopefully someone who has experience will pipe up soon. At this point I'd recommend wearing shoes or not letting her on the floor.

What about when you wear socks? Does she still try to attack your feet?? If she's only attacking them when you're barefoot, at least wearing socks will make them less enticing for her...wearing shoes will protect your feet if she happens to get you.

I second Karen's suggestion- don't let her on the floor...as soon as you see her headed that way, pick her up and relocate her and direct her attention to toys or something else entertaining. (You need to stop her thought process of attacking your feet before she even has the thought.)

My parrots do that too but I wear slippers so that may be an option. Then it won't break the skin.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back