Feeding sun conure?

Polishdiva1

Apr 20, 2013
Mine is only a month old right now, but I am wondering what the best things are to feed him as an adult so I can get an idea. I know veggies, nuts, and occasionally fruit... What do you all feed them in terms of seeds and pellets?

Since the bird is only a month old, you should be able to specify what you want the bird weaned to.....this is what I use for mine & 2 are suns - veggies-30%, pellets-45%, fruits-20%, nuts-5%.....they also get cheese occasionally, yogurt occasionally, scrambled eggs occasionally, birdie bread occasionally, mashed potatoes occasionally, pizza occasionally, broiled fish occasionally, steak tartar occasionally, baked/broiled/grilled chicken occasionally, spaghetti occasionally, lasagne occasionally.....while I offered percentages, you need not worry about specifics....most of my guys are tasters & nibblers, they'll taste some of this or that, then nibble on something else, throwing 1/3 to at least 1/5 of their food out of their dishes during the meal.....

The breeder's not going to cook meals for him/her, though they should honor your veggie, pellet & seed specifications.....once home, your new feathered friend will want to eat from your plate, so if it is joining you for a particular meal, just adjust its regular fare accordingly.....

Sounds interesting that I can just have him try different things I'm eating :) I do have him home already. I weaned birds for a rescue in Hawaii so after I showed the shop that I could feed it properly they let me take him home. What brand pellets do you use?

Most Reactions

Back