Eclectus General Bathing

Wait... wait.. what?! I pinned the shower perch post in which it was described on how to create your own was there and extremely useful. The image that comes up randomly on the Pinterest site as a general idea of the site you are going to, which leads to THIS forum and YOUR post on how to create the shower perch.

I certainly do not have it redirecting to any store where you can buy items, and I've re-clicked through it numerous times and have not seen any such thing. It was just a way to share with people on Pinterest who might be looking to make a shower perch.

I can unpin it if necessary, but considering the amount of parronts on Pinterest, I thought It would be great to share.

Kathy, the link points to a site called "Pinterest".

This is what it would look like if someone would want to post a link to my DIY shower perch: http://www.parrotforums.com/do-yourself/27017-diy-shower-perch-very-easy.html

And THIS is what it looks like on Pinterest: DIY shower perch | Parroty things

The problem I'm having is that I don't use Pinterest.

That is how it is posted on my personal pin page. If other followers went to my page and clicked it, it would go to your forum post because that is just how Pinterest works. I think it is sort of ridiculous the amount of clicking you need to get to the original material myself, but I still find it very useful.

I have a rope in the shower that goes from front to back (I tried a shower perch but the suction cups didn't stick to my tiles)

I put the water stream over the rope and then I lure him over with some food (sunflower seeds, or lettuce). At first he would only pop in really quick to get the food, but I can tell over time (weeks) that he might be starting to like the water sometimes.

The last couple of times he actually spun around in the water and enjoyed it. The last time I couldn't lure him in for long enough so I ended up just aiming the spray at him where he was on the rope and he actually stayed there (for 10 minutes) enjoying it.

I did learn that he doesn't like the water too warm (which is too bad since I love warm water). It was to be a bit cool and then he likes it.

Up until this last time where I purposely sprayed him I never did that before, I always thought that might scare him away from showers and distrust me, but I guess he got used to the water enough that he likes it now.

As a side note, before the shower routing we had put a large tupperware in his case hoping he would take his own baths but he didn't touch it. I got him in there once with lettuce but he never went in again.

The revival of this thread reminds me that it was confirmed that my pictures weren't stolen and the idea of pinterest was understood and accepted by the accuser :p Just to make things clear on that :p

What a beautiful boy, I wish Mac would leave his feathers alone, if so, he would look like that. I hope you don't go through what I'm going through right now with the over-preening and plucking.

I have a rope in the shower that goes from front to back (I tried a shower perch but the suction cups didn't stick to my tiles)

I put the water stream over the rope and then I lure him over with some food (sunflower seeds, or lettuce). At first he would only pop in really quick to get the food, but I can tell over time (weeks) that he might be starting to like the water sometimes.

The last couple of times he actually spun around in the water and enjoyed it. The last time I couldn't lure him in for long enough so I ended up just aiming the spray at him where he was on the rope and he actually stayed there (for 10 minutes) enjoying it.

I did learn that he doesn't like the water too warm (which is too bad since I love warm water). It was to be a bit cool and then he likes it.

Up until this last time where I purposely sprayed him I never did that before, I always thought that might scare him away from showers and distrust me, but I guess he got used to the water enough that he likes it now.

As a side note, before the shower routing we had put a large tupperware in his case hoping he would take his own baths but he didn't touch it. I got him in there once with lettuce but he never went in again.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back