Eating hamster food

gracebowen

Jan 14, 2015
San Antonio
Parrots
Cora lovebird
Sky parakeet
So I lefy the hamstet food on a shelf in my room. I had to run a last minute errand. When I got home they had put holes in the bag and were eating it.

I put it up and put out some of their seeds. They had a plate of vegetables before I left.

Although a foraging accident can happen, it is not recommended to cross-feed Pellets. Parrot Pellets to Hamsters, Hamster Pellets to Parrots, etc., etc., etc... Whether based on the recommendation of the Manufacturer, your Avian Vet, or a fellow member of the Parrot's Forum, cross-feeding can be dangerous since each species specific Pellet is configured for the needs of that specific animal /bird. Same goes for feeding Chicken Pellets to Parrots, its just not a wise choice.

It wasnt intentional. I removed their access to the hanster food.

Poopie happens and munching on a bit of hamster food won't be the end of the world for your guys. Hey, least now you know a trick for getting them to forage!! Put goodies they can have in a bag and place it someplace they shouldn't be, curiosity gets them everytime!!

Although a foraging accident can happen, it is not recommended to cross-feed Pellets. Parrot Pellets to Hamsters, Hamster Pellets to Parrots, etc., etc., etc... Whether based on the recommendation of the Manufacturer, your Avian Vet, or a fellow member of the Parrot's Forum, cross-feeding can be dangerous since each species specific Pellet is configured for the needs of that specific animal /bird. Same goes for feeding Chicken Pellets to Parrots, its just not a wise choice.
Hello. What does everybody fees there hamsters?

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back