DNA testing info

Mariar

May 9, 2014
Clearwater Florida but grew up in Wisconsin
Parrots
Doolie,Yellow nape amazon(r.i.p.03/10/15)
Sissy,severe macaw(rescued on 03-16-15) chirpy,sparrow(beak less) jack,Jill,chase,fiona,finch, and tiger,sulfer crested(rescued 04/15/20
I want to sex my severe,I found a do it yourself kit on line.you clip a nail, you draw blood, collect the blood on a test sheet and you send it in to a lab located in Tallahassee fl. seems easy...way to easy..and way cheap. Any thoughts??

I'm pretty sure I used the same company but I did mine with feathers. Either way you have to towel your bird. Which by the way...mine are getting used to being toweled but I practice almost everyday now.

I practice towelling every day as well. my little loves to play with it. Loves peek a boo. And I haven't picked out a company ..I wanted feed back first. Thanks so much!

They were pretty quick and when I had to call the company about something the customer service was really nice. It was worth the money and the stress on me from having to pluck the feathers and the wait.

Cool I just ordered my kit!!

Cool I just ordered my kit!!

That didn't take long either. You should have that by the end of the week. Do the feather pluck or the blood draw get it back in the mail. By the June 10th or earlier you should have the results. Mine didn't take two weeks by the time I ordered the kit, got it back in the mail, and had the results. I didn't even use over night delivery either. Just plain old mail.

Most Reactions

Back