could this be the one??

Beth, I'm so sorry about Safari and Sponge. I had been away from here for a while and am only just starting to catch up. I didn't know that you'd been through so much recently.

Best of luck with this pretty girl. You're so wonderful with your birdies and she will be very lucky to go home with you. I have 2 major screamers:eek:who would certainly drive most people batty (my fault for encouraging it). Hopefully this baby will not be obnoxiously loud.

well I spoke with the owner, she was very nice to talk to, and seemed somewhat educated with birds.

when she listed the address, it was a bogus address, she lives in my brothers town that is 2.5 hours away :(

a wee bit far for what I want to travel.

to top it all off, she was saying that her mom LOVES the bird and now wants it. However she works most of the day which would mean the bird would be cage bound until she got home.
her bird is use to being out ALL day, in fact she sleeps on her play stand at night time.

I explained to her that even though the bird loves her mom, and visa versa, if the bird is not use to being in a cage for most of the day, it would be miserable and lonely, and become frustrated.

then she proceeds to tell me that her boyfriend is allergic to the bird, and may not bring the bird near her boyfriend so they can keep it.

I could tell she did not want to part with this bird what so ever, and is having second thoughts, which I can't blame her, but she should not have posted the ad until they were CERTAIN that the bird should be rehomed. she seemed to be all over the board.

so I'm bowing out, I think she's asking too much money for it, along with her change of heart, it's not meant to be....kind of frustrating, but that's ok, maybe there is another bird out there for me.....right?

I'm so sorry it didn't work out:( It sounds like her boyfriend really wanted her to post the ad and sell her, and she did it just to appease him. It sure doesn't sound like she wants to get rid of her.
I am sure the perfect addition to your family is right around the corner.

I thought that price was awfully high too!! Don't worry I know you will find the perfect Meyers and Senny! :)

yes, I agree....I'm not really disappointed, when the time is right the right one will come along....I'm hoping soon rather than later though, lol.

Sorry that this didn't work out, Beth. :(

The lady sure came up with a boatload of excuses, didn't she?:rolleyes: And yes, the price WAS high. I don't know how much Meyers are in Canada, I know over here you can get them for as low as $450 from a PET SHOP!!!

There IS the right fid for you out there. :) No doubt about that.

Sorry I'm only picking up on this thread now :)

It was not meant to be, Beth. Perhaps the universe wants to give you a bit more time to recover after your recent heartaches before your new baby comes along. ((Hugs))

perhaps, but I am so ready for another Safari.

I am not one to dwell on what happened, I am just ready for another bird.

perhaps, but I am so ready for another Safari.

I am not one to dwell on what happened, I am just ready for another bird.

I'm one that believes in getting another pet asap. It doesn't replace the lost pet, but it gives you another one to pour your heart and love into.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back