could this be the one??

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
I was randomly checking kijiji today and came across this ad:

5 month of extremely tame female meyers baby - City of Toronto Birds for Sale - Kijiji City of Toronto Canada.

oh my gosh, you know when you see something and your heart flutters with excitement.....well mine did seeing this little sweet meyers parrot.

I've had a HUGE whole in my heart ever since Safari died, (still don't like to even think about it, I still get upset) anyways, I responded to this ad and am waiting to hear back from the owners.

I asked if they were willing to sell just the bird, as I don't need that cage, I can put her in Willows old cage.

now I just have to convince Dave, of course the tears will start pouring, cause this decision is really based on finding another bird to take Safari's place.

As for Yoshi, well.....lets just say Tyler does not care for her squeaking noises, it's non-stop sometimes for over an hour!

I've had to move her into the bird room, and unfortunately have to find her another home, she is way too chatty & noisy for here...it's too bad cause she sure is pretty.

I know Meyers are quieter than Quakers so this should work out...keeping my fingers crossed.

Oh what a pretty baby, Beth!! SO colorful!!!! :D

I hope this will work out for you. Meyers ARE pretty quiet as far as I know. So sorry that Yoshi is too much of a shatterbox. Will you give her back to the lady you got her from???

She looks like such a sweetheart!!!! I hope you get her ❤❤

My eyes got sweaty and now I'm all choked up from reading about Safari- I feel the same....I wish I could get another amazon because I miss my Jackie so so much :(

oh so beautiful!!! Hope you can get that baby I know just what you mean when you see "the bird" and your heart just flips!

oh my what a relief!....I thought maybe you would think I'm a terrible person for having to re-home YET another bird.

as soon as I saw her I thought....YES!....I just knew, even though I haven't met her yet....:rolleyes:

If I do end up getting her I will name her Miya, don't ask me why, the name just popped right into my head.....I think this is kismit.

I have NO idea how I'm going to get hubby on board with this:confused::confused:

ha ha....

well, I got babies I can sell of course when they are ready to go.....and my birthday is coming up in late Feb......maybe an early birthday gift?

She is beautiful! Have you heard back from the owners yet? I have my fingers crossed for you:)

ok she's just gorgeous how could you not fall in love with her! Kijiji is our friend lol! I am so glad that I don't live in Ontario (my house is not big enough for all the babies I would be bringing home....not a lot of breeders in Manitoba anymore).... Good luck with hubby! :)

I love Meyer's, they're absolutely gorgeous!!!! :)

She is beautiful! Have you heard back from the owners yet? I have my fingers crossed for you:)

yes, I also called and left a message.

she replied thru e-mail, she wanted to know if I was experienced with birds....little does she know:rolleyes:

but I told her what I do, sometimes that scares people off so you have to convince them that your not a BAD breeder, but one of the good guys:cool:

she wanted to see pictures of my cages as well so I sent her two photos, one of Willows cage, the other one was Ninja's old cage.

the only thing I'm a little concerned about is this bird seems to be a cling on of sorts, and gets upset when her owner disappears.....last thing I need is a screamer:eek:.....but again, I'm putting the cart before the horse

That's a pretty girl! Hopefully you can snag her ;)

I like the fact that she is questioning where her bird is going, and I have no doubt that she would be thrilled to have you take her. Miya is so young that you will easily be able to break any bad habits she has picked up, like the clinginess:) I can so see her with you that she will be Miya in my mind from here on out:)
Have you talked to your hubby yet?

um, er.....no, not until we further this deal a bit....no point in disturbing a rattlesnake

I just got a male Eclectus [and I knew I shouldn't be looking at birds !] I was looking for cages :). Well I sweet talked this girl by text [to take my Xmas gift cards] and it worked !! Then I texted [my Dave ,easier than getting yelled at] so do you think I can get this Male Eclectus with my Xmas gift cards :) What could he say :)

luckeeeey..... that was a very smooooth move Pinky ;)

Heloooooo?? Just use Valentines as an excuse! No one can refuse a valentines gift!! :D

Heloooooo?? Just use Valentines as an excuse! No one can refuse a valentines gift!! :D

oh yeah!!..... I love it!!, but he's not that easily persuaded.:(

I might sell some of my other birds, idk.

I don't want to get 'up there' with birds EVER again.

I just received another e-mail from her, she was impressed with the home I can provide for her, whew!......she wants $650.00 for her!! ouch!

now what???? that's a nice chunk of change, I was hoping for around $500.00

I asked her if she'd be willing to entertain offers between $550-600.

idk, we don't have two nickels to rub together at the moment:rolleyes:

oh yeah!!..... I love it!!, but he's not that easily persuaded.:(

I might sell some of my other birds, idk.

I don't want to get 'up there' with birds EVER again.

I just received another e-mail from her, she was impressed with the home I can provide for her, whew!......she wants $650.00 for her!! ouch!

now what???? that's a nice chunk of change, I was hoping for around $500.00

I asked her if she'd be willing to entertain offers between $550-600.

idk, we don't have two nickels to rub together at the moment:rolleyes:

Well, I believe I saw a Meyers parrot at Flight of an angel bird rescue. You can see the rescue on the list here: Bird Rescue

It says: Flight Of An Angel Rescue
Campbellford, Ontario
Don & Michelle
(705) 653-5956

Not sure where you're located, but it might be worth checking out...I got Polly for $300 there.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back