congo has took a huff with me any help

simon76uk

Aug 16, 2012
newcastle upon tyne
Parrots
congo African Gray
hi my parrot was very friendly and always showed me effection, we were so close. I went on holiday for a week and my family were looking after her, now she wont come near me, and is showing lots of aggression towards me, she is still talking alot but backs away when i go near her. please help!!

At the moment she is mad at you for going away, but she will come round again after a few days.

I had a similar situation with Codie a few Months ago! I went away for a Week and left her with Friends of mine.. When I bought her back home, she would have nothing to do with me for the first 2 days.. She then climbed up onto me and was back to her normal self again and has been ever since.

the sad thing is i took her in after a mate of mine was wanting a new home for her and she just took to me and we have been so close i could do any thing with her she trusted me to do any thing with her. so ive never needed to gain her trust and don't know how ?

Just take things very slowly with her again. Talk to her, Offer her treats etc.. It may take a while, but eventually she will regain her trust in you again.

i hope so it might sound daft but i miss all the fun she gives me i swear i'll take her camping with me next year or the wife and kids can go with out me lol

I don't think you're daft. Paddywack would sulk when my wife would go away, even for a few days. He'd then act as if she'd been gone forever. In a day or so he'd forgive her. Just be patient.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back