Chronicles of Rookie

Love, love, LOVE this thread! Loved Rookie's 1st hand account of her experiences as she traveled to her new home! Nice!

Also enjoyed her conversation with the Rickybird, as well!

She's beautiful and seems to be a charmer, so I'm looking forward to many more pics as she continues to grow and thrive.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Thanks Stephen! So glad you enjoyed it. She's settled in just as easy once we got home. She ate dinner then cuddled up with Megan (our 16 yr. old) and watched a movie together until bedroom. I've got her quarantined in our 18 yr sons room who is away for the summer. Megan spent the night in with her lol now that's love for a 16 yr old to endure her big brothers bedroom to be with her new buddy.

Rickybird is such a character!

Will do my best :)

Dear Rookiebird,
Yer ol' buddy the Rickeybird has some advice. No matter how good of a girl you are, never forget you are a parrot. Why just today I was all snuggezszszs and love but then all of a sudden I was riding on the big moving perch where my hen rides and down the hall we went and then that other bird that lives with us was also riding his big moving perch down the hall and he got a little too close and I did what I had to do. Fortunately my hen had those ugly feathers she calls hair up in a bun and I had a clear shot to her ear, so as I always do, I yelled OWWWW and then bit it. Now let's see her brag about how well she understands me and how she hasn't been bitten in such a long time. So like I said... yer a parrot, and never forget it, l'il girl. Alrighty then.
RB

Hi RB!
Rookie stayed home today with her lil human. I'll let her know when I get home! Oh my RB I hope your moms ear is ok. You be a good parrot and no biting moms ears she needs those to hear your pretty voice :)

*snortgigglegaffaw*

I needed this this morning.

Then our work here is done :)

well you have a point there she does need earzs to hear my beyooootiful singing and so forth okay I will spare the earzs not saying anything about nose or lipsz okay and thank you and...
I am definitely a character pretty much like don juan the great lover the ladies love me and the menz admire mei am a Patagonian rooster hear me roar okay bye for now love
the rrrrrrickeybirrrrd

[I have a strange new personality that posts here... it's... the... Rickeybird! Who started this? You know who you are!!!]

Hi everyone Rookie here :)

I'm 4 whole months old today! I wanted to show off for mama today so she took a video to share. I love to lay on my back and wiggle into a corner so I can play with my toys Mama doesn't know it but I'm practicing my ninja skills.

I like to do tumbles too. And hanging upside down and doing flips is sooo much fun. Mama calls it my Rookierobics.

I gotta go see the doc today I keep trying to let her know I'm not sick but she don't listen very well

Did you know mama went to work yesterday for a superlongest time ever I got to play and hang out with Megan which was awesome papa came and hung out and played with me when he got home too. When mama got home I flapped as hard as I could and flewed right to her I almost didn't make it but she reached out her arm so I could land. Whew!

I did give her some what for about it. She learned that I can be super duper loud and demanding lil princess

Ok mamas going to work she's late hanging out with me this morning so I gotta fly

Here's my Rookiebatics
[ame="http://youtu.be/etJY5CoRtoY"]http://youtu.be/etJY5CoRtoY[/ame]

P.S. In case you don't know this isn't my big big cage it's my small sleep and quarantine while I grow up a bit more cage :)

Aww, Rookiebird you are so adorable with your Rookiebatics and Rookierobics :)! What a cute little personality haha love the dialogue.

well hot dang rookiebird humans do the strangest things and they just don't make very good parrots although i'm sure they do their best sure do hope the doctor doesn't do anything that makes you mad as for me if i never see another one it'll be too soon golleeeeee you are an acrobatic birdie i must say so when will you be allowed to start dating don't believe anything you hear i am a perfect gentleman bird gentlebird yeah that's the ticket xo the rickeybird

Nice! Looks like Rookie's having a grand old time with her toy! Ninja, indeed!

Aww, Rookiebird you are so adorable with your Rookiebatics and Rookierobics :)! What a cute little personality haha love the dialogue.

Thanks I like all your birdie pictures too! I can hear my big sister & can't wait to see her. She is older & has a job and stuff so she isn't home during the day & I have lots and lots of time to practice my skillz with my other human peeps. Mama says my dialogue is so cute she makes sounds & I copy her.... then she says "holy macaroni you have a set of loud pipes on you" I looked & looked but didn't find any pipes in my feathers so maybe she is confused.

well hot dang rookiebird humans do the strangest things and they just don't make very good parrots although i'm sure they do their best sure do hope the doctor doesn't do anything that makes you mad as for me if i never see another one it'll be too soon golleeeeee you are an acrobatic birdie i must say so when will you be allowed to start dating don't believe anything you hear i am a perfect gentleman bird gentlebird yeah that's the ticket xo the rickeybird

Boys have cooties Gracie Girl told me so but maybe when I'm older I'll like cooties. Gracie said I get to go to her vet who is super-duper nice to her & I'm not supposed to bite or anything and then the vet gives me treats and kisses. I hope you do acrobatics too they are sooo much fun.

Nice! Looks like Rookie's having a grand old time with her toy! Ninja, indeed!

I am a Ninja :) I knew someone would get me! I like toys and food. I like my mama too too much she tries to tell me that Megan the smaller mama is my main mama but she just doesn't get it. I like Megan too and my papa is really tall he puts me on his finger & lifts me way up so I can see the world I like that too.
I realllllly realllly want to like Gracie but no one will let me see her yet. Silly peoples. I like your new fancy picture sign thing it's super pretty!
Mmm look bananas bye now!

GraciesMom;Boys have cooties Gracie Girl told me so but maybe when I'm older I'll like cooties. Gracie said I get to go to her vet who is super-duper nice to her & I'm not supposed to bite or anything and then the vet gives me treats and kisses. I hope you do acrobatics too they are sooo much fun. QUOTE said:
Keep thinking that, you little angel, you will save your mom some grey hairs. Boys have cooties alright, especially Rickey!

Hi everyone! Rookie here.

Man oh man you won't believe the day I had yesterday. Mama made me go to the doc's. I had to climb on the top of my toy to hide from that car contraption thing she took me in. I don't like rides they aren't for the birds!
image_2.jpeg

I got to eat a yummy almond while I was waiting.
How bad can a place be that serves almonds?!? Nom nom nom
image_4.jpeg

image.jpeg

Rookvet.jpg

More almond mama?
image_6.jpeg

More pleaseeee...
Rookievet2.jpg

Don't you understand my More almond NOW! expression mama? Before she could get it the doc came in to meet me.
image_1.jpeg

I'll skip all the next icky parts.. golly jeppers that doc really needs a lesson in "personal space" I was a good girl tho and didn't bite her but I got really super duper scared and mama had to save me a couple of times.

I was gonna write a letter to Santa Claws to get that doc on a one way ticket to his naughty list but then she gave me a yummy green bean.
That's what mama calls me .. her lil greener beaner.
YummyGreenBean.jpg

Don't get any ideas tho I'm not the eatin kind of green bean! Haha I crack myself up.
image_5.jpeg

After I was finished all my treats it was time to go home in that horrible car thingie. I climbed back on my toy for a birds of view to make sure mama took me right home. I stood lots taller this time since I survived my very first trip to the vets.
Rookievet3.jpg

XoXo, Rookie

Hahahahahaha! Glad you survived your trip to the vet, Rookie! That's right! You stand tall!

Does she ever stand tall.. especially when she's being a demanding lil cuss lol
She survived her trip not sure those in ear shot did really well. Her screech is rather ear shattering :) Even Gracie gets this "what the heck was that" expression and yells out "stop it" or "nite nite" she hasn't seen her yet so it makes ya wonder what they are thinking about each other from just vocals alone.

Rookie!!! You have stolen my heart, Beautiful Baby! Wanna come visit Auntie Terry and show off your Ninja skills here in Canada? We have lots of almonds and green beans here, and your Mom can come too, I may have a bit of wine we could share while watching your antics;)

Most Reactions

Back