Chickens! Can you guys tell me what kinds they are?

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Hey guys. So my sister is wanting to start breeding and selling her chickens but she was to see what kinds she has?

IMG_5577.jpeg

IMG_5578.jpeg

IMG_5579.jpeg

IMG_5580.jpeg
IMG_5581.jpeg

IMG_5582.jpeg

IMG_5583.jpeg
IMG_5584.jpeg
IMG_5585.jpeg
IMG_5586.jpeg
IMG_5587.jpeg
IMG_5588.jpeg
IMG_5589.jpeg
IMG_5590.jpeg
IMG_5591.jpeg

Thanks in advance!!

Yay, Chickens!!! I’m afraid some of them might not be “ purebreds;” hatcheries often have their own mixes sold under their own made up names. The little white babies in the first pictures appear to be some type of frizzle based on those crazy feathers! I’m also seeing Red Sex Link, an Easter Egger, a Silver Laced Wyandotte, and a Blue laced Wyandotte. The rooster looks a little mixed to me but I love his sharp black and white coloring! Best of luck to your sister!

Yay, Chickens!!! I’m afraid some of them might not be “ purebreds;” hatcheries often have their own mixes sold under their own made up names. The little white babies in the first pictures appear to be some type of frizzle based on those crazy feathers! I’m also seeing Red Sex Link, an Easter Egger, a Silver Laced Wyandotte, and a Blue laced Wyandotte. The rooster looks a little mixed to me but I love his sharp black and white coloring! Best of luck to your sister!
Yeah, that’s what I figured. Thank you for your answer! Much appreciated.

Hello. Well the top 2 babies are frizzles. Which is to say not actually a breed. It’s a feather formation.(like having curly hair or straight hair). Often a cochin(breed) mix. Very readily passed on in genetics. So 50% frizzle and 50% smooth babies. Fall is the worst time to have chicks tho. Winter is coming and people don’t want to house ect in winter.

Most Reactions

Back