Carpet cleaning

djdancer

Jan 7, 2013
Hi All -

I'm going to have my carpet cleaned. To be more exact, the carpet that's in our living room. This is the room where my Conures spend all of their time. Anyway, I want to have the carpet cleaned and they coat the carpet afterward with Teflon to seal it from stains. Is this dangerous for my birds? They do walk around on the carpet occasionally. They will not be in the room while the carpet is being cleaned or drying.
Thank you all!

Teflon is toxic for birds. You should keep them out of your home while this is happening, as they can drop dead in seconds of having contact with teflon.

As for it being sealed in the carpet, I have no idea. I would err on the side of caution if possible.

Yeah that's what I thought too. Just wondering if anyone else has had this done. My carpets get dirty very easy because we live in the country and are in and out of the house often. Taking our shoes off would be the solution but not very practical in our situation.

I don't know for sure, but I would be worried that they would chew the carpet fibres hence swallowing some of the Teflon.

Most Reactions

Back