Calming music for conures?

Fauna

Dec 12, 2023
Parrots
Pineapple conure- Tiago
Two budgies- Edith & Azalea
Ive just picked up my new baby and she’s quite stressed with all the new moving. Is there any music i could play that might be able to help her relax?

Attachments

• IMG_7618.jpeg
    IMG_7618.jpeg
    195.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7625.jpeg
    IMG_7625.jpeg
    309.2 KB · Views: 7
That’s right! You know what to do 🎼🎶🎵 and join in on the fun because they are watching you too 🥰 they will let you know their choice in music if you are perceptive of there reactions. I adopted a blue crown conure years ago that was such a chill bird, but when I would play the Lollipop song by the Chordettes and sing along, she would bob up and down and her eyes would dilate like crazy. Congratulations on your new baby. I can hardly wait for your update!

Last edited:
That’s right! You know what to do 🎼🎶🎵 and join in on the fun because they are watching you too 🥰 they will let you know their choice in music if you are perceptive of there reactions. I adopted a blue crown conure years ago that was such a chill bird, but when I would play the Lollipop song by the Chordettes and sing along, she would bob up and down and her eyes would dilate like crazy. Congratulations on your new baby. I can hardly wait for your update!
What behavior should i be on the look out to know if she likes a song? Im playing a few for her and theres a few where she chirps and hops around her cage to. I dont want to be reading her behavior wrong and be stressing her out

I would say happy chirps and hops are good! If you watch her outside her cage, you’ll observe more. Movement is limited in a cage. Just leave the door open when the music is playing. Does she eagerly come out, Stretch her wings, wag/flutter her tail and preen in your presence? These are happy signs too. Conures are wonderfully playful. Curious what genre of music is working? 🎶🥰

Children's music works, too! I have a playlist for my birds that includes Rock'n Robin, The Addams Family theme, Blackbirds by the Beatles, and some kids tunes with whistling in it. Oh, and a SPoon Full of SUgar from Mary Poppins :D.

mine are start screaming to every music I tried so far:), maybe they only like their "music";)

I've been experimenting with what my guys like and.... found my guys prefer movie soundtracks and classical to most other kinds of music.. with the exception of anything with high pitched squeaky noises, such as whistling. Especially my cockatiels. They LOVE their whistling, LOL!

Whenever I play the guitar and bob my head up and down my bird gets the message. Doesn't have to be a special tune just a strong rhythm.

My bird loves gospel. Elevation music. On YouTube; it plays them in the same order. He has two favorites, which are mine as well. One “sings” with the music which sounds like a duck, quacking. It is pretty close to his “I am not happy voice” but we have only had him 4 months. He “settles” to gospel. He becomes quiet when nothing else will work. He likes mellow songs.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back