cage suggestions

mina:)

Sep 10, 2024
Parrots
hello! i’ve recently moved in temporarily with my grandmother and she has 2 indian ringnecks but they don’t seem very happy, i think their cage not being big enough for them and not having enough toys might have caused it so i wanted to ask, what size and shape cage would be good for two indian ring necks staying in the same cage? and what type of toys would be good to get to stimulate them? is there anything i should know as a first time caretaker? i’ve never owned parrots before this and any help would be appreciated !!

I'm not sure what kind of cage they'd need (The ringneck herders of the forum would be better at that info!), but I can help with toys.

Foot toys, things that can be shredded and noise-making toys are a lot of fun for most parrots. Foraging toys are a hit with my guys. I make homemade ones by taking a paper towel roll, cutting it in half, folding over the ends, and stuffing the roll with treats. The idea is that the bird has to destroy the roll to get to the treats. Try to stay away from mirrors (encourages aggression).

No smoking or scented candles should be around your bird. They can die within minutes of being exposed to such items. Even Teflon is dangerous and teflon is in everything these days. it's scary!

Food should be a mix of seeds, fresh veggies and pellets. The idea is that a balanced diet is key.

Those are the absolute basics. Others, I'm sure, will chime in with other facts :D . Congratulations on the new birds!

thank you so much for the help!! i’m totally new so any and all advice is much appreciated !

Most Reactions

Back