Cage setup, perches, toys. Is this ok?

Lynsey

Jul 30, 2014
Parrots
Fonzie - White Capped Pionus (male) - Hatched 5/24/14
Betty - Brown Headed Parrot (female) - Hatched 12/15/22
I set up my little white capped pionus cage. Don't get to take him or her home for about a month or so. How is this cage set up? Any suggestions? Too many perches, toys? not enough?

I know you are sooo excited! Excellent job setting up the cage!

Hi Lynsey, It looks just about perfect! Be sure to put some cuttlebone or a mineral block in there to provide calcium and beak conditioning (I couldn't see if it was in there). Looks like there is room to flap the wings on the top perch and on the cage floor. Perches not directly above the water and food dishes? Should be just fine. How exciting :)

There's that nice cage you got such a sweet deal on! :) Now it looks even better! I'd put a ton more toys in there. The Yucca toy and the finger traps will be demolished pretty quickly by a Pionus! Raven my Bronze Winged especially loves shreddable toys. Also sometimes wood, leather, and foot toys. He's not big on foraging toys where he has to think too hard to figure it out, he just gives up lol.

Ok, Thanks! I can get more toys :) I know he/she will shred some, but that's the fun of it right :) I also got some rubber balls with the bell inside. Is the chain on them safe though?[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002DJVAA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1]Amazon.com : JW Pet Company Activitoys Hol-ee Roller Bird Toy ( Color May Vary ) : Large Bird Swings : Pet Supplies[/ame]

was thinking about just getting rid of the chain and tying with leather? There is one calcium edible perch in there. But I can get a cuttle bone too.

Took pics of my baby at the store. Will post in the Pionus section in a bit :)

Most Reactions

Back