Cage for Out Doors

gutterfalcon

Jul 21, 2024
Parrots
African Timneh
Who Makes a Strong , Escape Proof Cage , at least Two foot square , if I want to take my Timneh outside ?

I got a walk-in aviary from Natural Inspiratians Parrot Cages and it’s very strong and escape proof.

Attachments

• IMG_6651.jpeg
    IMG_6651.jpeg
    561.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6647.jpeg
    IMG_6647.jpeg
    581.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6644.jpeg
    IMG_6644.jpeg
    462.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6643.jpeg
    IMG_6643.jpeg
    544.5 KB · Views: 12
There are a couple of companies that make parrot enclosure “backpacks”. I used to see my neighbors with their eclectus parrots at the local grocery store in one of those. Some of them have stuff like heavy plexiglass, but theirs was more like this one:

But if you just want to take you bird out for short trips outside maybe get a travel cage. Also good for trips to the vet. I have one like this:

This is a huge step up from using something like a cat carrier since birds are the opposite of calmed when they can’t see what is going on.

No particular endorsements implied here, just wanted the pictures, plus the prices give some reference points. There are lots of travel cages out there.

Last edited:
Who Makes a Strong , Escape Proof Cage , at least Two foot square , if I want to take my Timneh outside ?
Myself & my husband have discussed making an outdoor aviary with supplies from Menards (hardware store). I was thinking of using 1/2” galvanized chicken wire. It’s towards the end of summer so I may worry about it next year. I need something chew proof for conures, and with smaller bar spacing. It’s a good way to test something out before spending a lot of money.

Myself & my husband have discussed making an outdoor aviary with supplies from Menards (hardware store). I was thinking of using 1/2” galvanized chicken wire. It’s towards the end of summer so I may worry about it next year. I need something chew proof for conures, and with smaller bar spacing. It’s a good way to test something out before spending a lot of money.
I wouldn’t use galvanized chicken wire because of the risk of parrots chewing it while climbing/bored. If I’m remembering right, it’s coated in zinc.

I wouldn’t use galvanized chicken wire because of the risk of parrots chewing it while climbing/bored. If I’m remembering right, it’s coated in zinc.
There’s one that can be used I just don’t recall what kind

I would try Wayfair, I saw some smaller aviarys there and the prices were reasonable.
This is true I have seen many at great prices and some that look good quality.

I misspoke it’s this one

It’s not galvanized. It’s stainless steel.

Most Reactions

Back