Cage assembled!! Get my baby tomorrow!!

No_where1976

Apr 2, 2013
Texas
Parrots
Red Belly Parrot :)
So very excited! I am going to get my red belly tomorrow :)

I've attached a pic of the cage. Please let me know if I should add anything or take away. Right now he is in a cage with about 4 toys I haven't seen him play with one yet. I do get to bring 2 of those toys home with him. I haven't added any new toys yet I wanted him to get comfortable with his new cage first.

Also, he appears to be on a seed diet there. Would love suggestions on proper pellets and how to convert him. I've read start off slowly but still leave the seed mixture. Just wondering how long I should?

I will post pics of him as soon as I can. Thank you for any words of advice in advance :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 172
Aww wow he is going to have such a great space! Daisy Jane actually has that cage. She loves it and likes to get on top and slide down the play top hehe. The only thing i don't like about this cage is that the dish that is under the top dish gets pooped in. removing it was an easy fix. You might not have that problem though...

Cage looks good & I'll let others suggest toys, but I'd put a couple of pedicure perches.....I have at least one of these perches in each cage & my patty's cage has two...one near the food dish & the other by her water dish.....

The perches are smooth on the top & bottom & rough on the sides.....you want to get them large enough so that the birds talons will scrape on the sides when perched on it, not too small of one where their talons meet or almost meet on the bottom.....

Good luck.....

Last edited:
Nice cage.. My suggestion would be to eventually add some different sized perches, natural wood, rope,perches , a rope boing, a cockateil size swing and some toys too chew like wood with a bell ect. They love their toys. also a cuttlebone. Can't wait for the picture of your new fid. and have you picked out a name yet. :)

Today's the big day :D

My biggest suggestion is to throw out those wooden dowels and buy natural perches, 1 rope perch is also good but I recommend sisal. Cotton perches can block a birds intestines and they should only be used if a bird doesn't chew on it.

Nice cage.. My suggestion would be to eventually add some different sized perches, natural wood, rope,perches , a rope boing, a cockateil size swing and some toys too chew like wood with a bell ect. They love their toys. also a cuttlebone. Can't wait for the picture of your new fid. and have you picked out a name yet. :)

Haven't picked out a name yet! I'm not sure. I will be adding wooden perches soon.

Pics to come in just a little while :)

Today's the big day :D

My biggest suggestion is to throw out those wooden dowels and buy natural perches, 1 rope perch is also good but I recommend sisal. Cotton perches can block a birds intestines and they should only be used if a bird doesn't chew on it.

Thank you! I will look for some. If I cannot find them here I will order some offline.

I have that cage for my grey:)

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back