Budgie Safe material for cage wall

Kap

Oct 17, 2024
Parrots
Budgies
The RSPCA recommends keeping the cage against a wall (or even a whole corner) and covering the top (so they don't feel threatened by predators from the top). I am looking for a budgie safe material to build a wall (rather than bars/mesh) to cover the roof. General advice on budgie safe materials for cage construction would also be useful-so far I've discovered only stainless steel and anodised aluminium (they'll cew up a wood frame cage!). Would a sheet of either (both quite expensive!) work? What kind of thickness? Would PVC or other plastic work? Again what thickness-those awful acrylic cages use 4mm which is again quite expensive. I am aware I can just cover the cage roof with a cloth.

Speaking of the RSPCA-almost no (or possibly no) RSPCA compliant cage for even basic sleeping space is available on the market-add tons of height, a bit of length and sleeping space width, voila, they call it a "flight cage" which occupies little real estate. Works for people, not for birds. Things CAN work for both!

Most Reactions

Back