Brown bird with turquiose head and chest

I would love to see what it turns out to be. Could it be a hybrid? I looked in my bird books and can't seem to think of anything but what the others have said! LOL

The Ruples parrot isn't quite right either, but it's that size and shape. I know, I know! I want to know what it is, too!

Merlin is due back next Friday, but Pete would be more like Monday. So it will be one of those two days. I'm dreading taking Pete back though. He is still holding a bit of a grudge on me for the first visit!

For goodness sakes, Roxy... Just ring the place and ASK them... Tell them you posted on a forum, and now have people all over the world not sleeping at night, because they keep thinking about what kind of bird this is...

lolol...

The Ruples parrot isn't quite right either, but it's that size and shape. I know, I know! I want to know what it is, too!

Merlin is due back next Friday, but Pete would be more like Monday. So it will be one of those two days. I'm dreading taking Pete back though. He is still holding a bit of a grudge on me for the first visit!

For goodness sakes, Roxy... Just ring the place and ASK them... Tell them you posted on a forum, and now have people all over the world not sleeping at night, because they keep thinking about what kind of bird this is...

lolol...

I will do that tomorrow. I do have to make their next appt. anyway. Easier to call than to drop in since it's a 40 mile drive each way. And when I am there, I'll take a pic anyway.

I'm very curious as well now! :) Can't wait to find out lol!

They said she is an African Red Bellied Parrot, but she doesn't look quite like the ones in the pictures I looked at. And I didn't see any red at all on her belly, lol! I'm sorry to say I forgot my camera though and don't have internet for my phone. I'll try to remember it the next time I'm there.

They did call her "she". See, the one in the vet's office though has the turquoise all the way up to her head. I looked at all the pictures I could find of Poicephelus thinking she had to be one of them, but she still looks different! Thanks for that link though as I didn't realize there were color differences in the male and female Red Bellies. She does look a lot like the female in that pic.

Well, today she bit me, lol! She likes other African birds apparently so when she sees Merlin she always comes to visit. She landed on the door to Merlin's carrier, and then offered her head for a pet. So I gave her some scratches for about 30 seconds and then she bit me. The people at the vet's told me she tends to hate women.

Then a little girl came and asked if she could pet Merlin. I said sure, but Merlin was scared to death of that kid for whatever reason. She ran up to my shoulder and started trembling and sqwaking. So then the little girl asked if she could pet the Red Bellied parrot. I just said, well, she isn't mine and she just bit me, so I probably wouldn't, lol!

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back