Bringing home a rescue Cockatoo

Poor thing is plucked naked.....Have you made him a vet appointment yet??? It might be wise to have him wear a body suit as I've seen some wear from being plucked bald. Just don't want him to get cold...poor baby.....

I am.going to make an appt with vet for next week as soon as they call me back
I am worried about keeping him warm so i have blankets on his cage. He is very vocal now and makes a lot of noise. Lots of head bobbing and bouncing along with rubbing his beak.on his cage.

I have an appointment with an avian vet today for the cockatoo. Hopefully i can identify the type of cockatoo and get a clean bill of health. Still getting used to him as he is very loud at times and very vocal. Not sure how to read body language as he is very active in his movements, crest raises and head bobs. i can pet him and touch him but stepping up is slow. He will come up and whistle and head bob but stepping is his call if and when he wants to do it. Likes to be on shoulder but I am not comfortable with any bird on my shoulder as I cannot see what they are doing.

I don't blame you there, I don't like them on my shoulders either but there's a few exceptions like my Cockatiels, we have so many of them so it's easier to offer the shoulders to climb onto, they like it there anyways. When one comes out, they all want out...lol... I do trust my ekkies and lory on my shoulders too.

I hope the vet appointment goes smoothly for you and the too. :)

That's wonderful news!!!!! My U2 is a bit on the skinny side but he's quite healthy. He eats pellets, fruits & veggies, and his nut treats. :)

That's wonderful news!!!!! My U2 is a bit on the skinny side but he's quite healthy. He eats pellets, fruits & veggies, and his nut treats. :)

Casper only eats seeds. I have some roudybush pellets that he loves to fling out. He wont eat any veggies or fruits either.

Java was the same way when I got him but we started giving fruits and veggies in the morning, leave pellets in his cage all day. During evening time he gets minimal seeds at about a table spoon. Less then a week he started everything that was given to him. You just have to be consistent. After a week, I took him off seeds for good as he gets some as a treat now days.

Most Reactions

Back