Bird trainer coming Sunday!

gig

Mar 13, 2012
southeastern PA
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot, Bowie; Goffin's Cockatoo, Zazu;
5 beautiful finches
I go weekly to volunteer at
a Philly rescue and have heard the director talk about a trainer she uses to evaluate some birds. I decided to have him evaluate Bowie and help me to make sure I'm doing things right. He is coming this Sunday afternoon. I can't wait. I pick up my finches Sunday morning (they've been away all winter while we snowbirded and went into big molt)so it'll be an exciting day all round!

That sounds so exciting! Let us know how it goes, I'm excited for you! :)

Oh yeah... expect a post Sunday night!:rainbow1:

Trainer had a family emergency and will have to reschedule! :mad:
Fortunately, Bowie seems to be doing well. Today he started climbing around the cage a lot more (he has been adjusting to flightlessness). Definitely made a big step towards "comfortable in my new home" today. I even saw him hanging upside down from the top of the cage playing with one of his toys! My husband (who gets up earlier than me) eats breakfast near Bowie's cage, and when he left the room for a minute, Bowie started clicking and squawking for him to come back!
BTW - got him a new play gym. Put it together myself - sort of like adult tinker toys. Bowie seems to enjoy it - although he hasn't been brave enough to explore the entire thing, yet.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back