Bird toys?

Jul 23, 2023
Parrots
7 month old sun conure
Hi everyone!
My conure loves loves to play with toys. I have bought him so many toys and have also tried to make him toys but can’t seem to keep up with him. I buy /make him about three toys every week. He destroys them or will play with them for a few hours but then doesn’t want to play with them. I have tried to get bigger toys so it’s a bit harder for him to destroy them but still enjoy to play with them. I’ve also tried to get toys that are a bit strategic like opening a box to find a treat or shaking the toy for a treat to fall down. I’ve also tried increasing his training time to keep him entertained but it did not seem to help. The other day I saw an ad for squawkbox a weekly or monthly toy subscription box for birds. My question is has anyone tried this? Any advice or recommendations are welcomed! Thanks in advance :)

Oh also! If anyone would like to share their diy toys or toys they bought and really loved, that would be fantastic!!

Phoenix really loved two different toys the most. Others he would use a bit but always went back to the main two. So I had several of them placed around the house.
The first is a four rope, wood block thing as seen next to him.
20220523_085011.jpg

His other favorite is a ball with four ropes with balls on the end.
20220513_120336.jpg

Both of these he really enjoyed and would really get into it when "playing" hanging upside down from one attacking another one etc etc, he loved them. Both are from Amazon.
20220305_093933.jpg
20220116_131343.jpg

I've never used them but my Sun is fearless and jumps on any toy as soon as it comes out of the bag. Mostly I just buy them. Then the other birds know its safe and jump on later after he gets bored. I dunno I just use amazon mostly because it's cheap china stuff and I can replace it easily.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back