Fauna

Dec 12, 2023
Parrots
Pineapple conure- Tiago
Two budgies- Edith & Azalea
Ive been doing my best to teach her the biting pressure stuffs, but its kinda going in circles cause when she seems interested in exploring my fingers i either flinch over nothin, or flinch cause of biting, which in turn scares her and makes her even more cautious. Its hard to do the shunning technique because im not exactly bonded to her, and its very hard to interact with her out of the cage cause she’s cautious of me, and ESPECIALLY my hands. I have no idea what the best way to go about this is so im super hoping i can get some help 🥲🥲

Attachments

• IMG_7883.jpeg
    IMG_7883.jpeg
    244.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_7886.jpeg
    IMG_7886.jpeg
    222 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_7887.jpeg
    IMG_7887.jpeg
    240.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_7888.jpeg
    IMG_7888.jpeg
    232.8 KB · Views: 15
Will she take food from your hands? That can help create positive associations for both you and the bird 🙂. I know some people on this forum have put band- aids on their fingers when teaching their birds not bite so there is less fear on your part ( natural fear; who wants to get bitten, lol!).

Will she take food from your hands? That can help create positive associations for both you and the bird 🙂. I know some people on this forum have put band- aids on their fingers when teaching their birds not bite so there is less fear on your part ( natural fear; who wants to get bitten, lol!).
She does! If i slowly put my finger to her or let her come to me on her own shes perfectly fine with it, its mostly just me being nervous 😅 but the bandaids are smart!

Ouch! Parrots can have some nasty bites. I always recommend clicker based training, and being hands off with parrots until a relationship is built. Here’s a YouTube video below on clicker based training. My conures picked up in it quickly, and enjoy training.

Ouch! Parrots can have some nasty bites. I always recommend clicker based training, and being hands off with parrots until a relationship is built. Here’s a YouTube video below on clicker based training. My conures picked up in it quickly, and enjoy training.

Holy moly! Ive been doing this for maybe an hour and its like shes been doing it forever!! She’s willingly been hoping onto me a bit! Thank you so much, it looks like this will help tremendously

Most Reactions

Back