flyingfluff

Feb 1, 2008
Media
North Carolina
Parrots
2 budgies (Coco & Buddy)
2 cockatiels (Willow & Zoe)
2 green cheeks (Scooter & Kiwi)
So I found an amazingly good deal on a cage. It's this cage: http://www.windycityparrot.com/Merc...302361005&Category_Code=Avadv&Product_Count=0 but only we found it for $200 on craigslist and it looks to be in perfect condition.
The only this is it has 3/4" bar spacing and I was planning on using this cage for a green cheek conure I'd like to get in the summer/fall. Is the spacing too big for a GCC? If so, I can always save the cage and use it for a caique my bf is dying to get in the future, when we both save up for one.

Oh, GCCs, I love those little guys ... big birdie attitude, little birdie body ... I think that Mac thinks that he's a Hyacinth Macaw some days ... No, 3/4 of an inch should be more than adequate ... Mac's cage is a full inch spacing and that is fine! Great deals on cages can be found if you just look ... a word of caution however, please make sure you clean/disinfect that cage before you put a new resident into it ... you never know what happened to the previous tenant (no matter what the landlord might say).

:50:

So I picked the cage up this past weekend and it turns out the cage isn't powder coated like I thought, its stainless steel. And not only that, the lady who I bought the cage for dumped a mazila play stand on me, a mazila perch, a bird sitting dvd, bird carrier, and some other stuff. I was seriously not expected all that stuff... especially for only $200! I felt kinda bad taking all of that stuff and not paying for it.
But yeah, the previous owner washed everything down w/ vineger and water, including the branches and such. And she stuck them in the oven for a little bit to kill any extra bacteria. But I am still planning on disinfecting everything again anyways. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Sounds like you got a very good deal indeed. Vinegar is a good cleanser, but I would reccomend that you use a solution of bleach and water (3parts bleach to 7 parts water) to disinfect things.
Don't feel guilty about getting such a good deal, I am sure that the lady who sold these things to you was happy that they were going to someone who would appreciate them and get good use from them.

... but I would reccomend that you use a solution of bleach and water (3parts bleach to 7 parts water) to disinfect things.

I know this goes without saying, but - please do this without any birds around, bleach fumes are toxic to birds ... I just had this image of bad things happening ... :eek: sorry!

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back