Aw poor Rosey

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Sully-2 year old cinnamon and Bella-3 year old normal
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
So some of you know I raise green cheeks and that I kept my first clutch(Beebee,Scooter and Rosey). Well Rosey has been looking for a boyfriend latley(she's six months old) and she has bonded to one of the boys(Gadget) of the younger clutch(he's about 3 1/2 months old), but I can't let them be together because thy are related. I know she really likes him and he really likes her but I just don't feel that it's right, do you?
And I can't just get her a different male because she might not like him, what a dilemma. Jut felt like sharing.

6 months is pretty young. Do you think it is a sexual bond? My Gcc and my daughter's green cheek play together about 3 times a week ...they love each other dearly but they are about 1 1/2 yrs old and we have had them since babies. They really enjoy each other's company but nothing ever happens. Maybe they are just really good friends at 6 months.

Well, she is really good friends with her other clutch mates, but she actually invited Gadget back to her blanket(yes I said invited back to her blanket)! They both feed each other and do everything together, so I think they might be more than friends.
Plus I just took Gadget out of the same room and they have been scrraking for each other since, Rosey neve did that with her other brothers.

Our two fed each other too when they were that age. Now... They groom each other and are just inseparable when they are together. Eat together sleep together in hut (when we are gone overnight) sit together and nap just everything.
I love the part about inviting him back to her blanket. I can just see that.
I don't know at what age they actually start breeding but I think it is older than 6 months. You could have a problem I just don't know. I guess if something happened you could just destroy the eggs. It sure sounds like they enjoy each other. It would really be sad to separate them. Maybe youshould just let them play together a few times a week like we do.

Well see that's the dilemma, I was origanally going to sell him like the other babies but he was the last baby and Rosey started liking him.
So should I just keep him an let them hang out together or just sell him?

I guess you have a dilemma.....Have you tried separating them? Try that for a few days and see how she does. Forrest and Crackers do fine when they are away from each other for a couple days but are very happy to see each other when they do get together. You just have to decide what you want to do. I'm sure she would be fine if you decide to sell the male. You might want to see how she acts first.

I moved them into diferent rooms earlier and they went crazy, they just now calmed down and are now asleep but they were screaming their heads off!
I guess we will see how it goes, if they hate it then I guess I have no choices but to let them be together.

He is doing great, thanks for asking! He loves his new smaller cage and is almost back to normal. He will contintue the meds for the rest of his life and will most likely be clipped for a while. He still can't do much before getting wore out but he is deftinetley happier on the meds.
I'm the only one who notices anything different about him but he isn't 100% yet, more like 85%.
He still gets spooked everyday and flies to the floor but I have a ladder that goes to his cage do he can usually rescue himself, if not I do it.

The vet thinks his heart actually sounds a little better so she thinks that because he's so young that maybe the meds can reverse the heart problem. Fingers crossed!

That is really great news Cdog...I know you feel better and hopefully he will be okay in the end. Good luck with Sully.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back